1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Club Raced in UK?

Discussion in 'General' started by tittys04, Apr 21, 2018.

1. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Or have any buddies over there that have?
    [​IMG]

2. No and yes. That tracks not as fun as it looks in pictures.

3. mark olding

mark olding Member

I race here reguarly,Cadwell park is awesome,

4. tittys04

I think that track is fun as hell, but also pretty sketchy.

Mark, have you also raced in the states?

What club do you race with and what are the license requirements for them? Trying to figure out how to get one and what license class I should get. It looks like there are more designations than "amateur" and "expert"

5. mark olding

mark olding Member

I've never raced in the states,don't have the funds.In the UK you start with a novice licence.You collect 10 signatures at 3 different venues to show that you are gaining experience.Once you have done this you remove your novice vest and can apply for a clubmans licence. You then collect 10 signatures at 4 venues finishing in the top 50% of the results to move to a National licence. This is how I remember it so small details may have changed.Sounds long winded but a weekend is 2 signatures so not bad at all.
    If you don't apply for a licence for 2 years you go back a class and also some novices don't upgrade when they can so they can look good beating the genuine beginners.
    Most of out circuits are tight and twisty compared to what Ive seen in the states and have ridden in europe.
    Obviously after Brexit we will all be poor and selling our bikes lol.

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Ahhh, the price of freedom....:Poke:

mark olding likes this.
  7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Where is Scudder...Robin172????

Doesn't Cadwell have a "Jump"?

8. Yes it does.

9. tittys04

With the small amount of research I've done, that's almost exactly what I've found. I'd really like to not have to go through all of that, I'm hoping there's some way that "x" license here in the states equals some license there. Or maybe my FIM license holds more weight?

10. mark olding

mark olding Member

It's a steep climb with a kick 3/4 s of the way up.I've seen bikes flip there on the first lap lol.

11. mark olding

mark olding Member

You could see if an FIM equates to a national or international
    I know I can ride in europe on an international I just need start permission from the acu.

12. Race BSB stock 600 or 1000.

tittys04 likes this.
  13. tittys04

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well, I just have no idea where or who to go to to ask that question.

14. tittys04

I have my eye on that, but not sure I can jump into that having only ever ridden 1 of their tracks.

Does BSB still do something similar to the wera triple crown during MA events? I remember reading that somewhere but I haven't had much luck finding any info.

15. mark olding

mark olding Member

BSB will be in at the deep end on a track you don't know.Try Contacting the ACU over hear about licence requirements.

16. tittys04

Is ACU the club organization?

17. mark olding

mark olding Member

No its the Auto Cycle Union the overall governing body in the UK.

18. tittys04

Ah, got it. That will certainly help, thanks!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, contact the ACU. FIM here in the US is all through the AMA - which is yet another reason why we're working with them. So our results work out to be FIM results which will help in some areas.

20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I haven't held an ACU licence since 2000. I had the "national" one and if I wanted one now, and from what I've been told even though I've been racing regularly over here I would be required to take the classroom course, sit an exam and still only get a restricted one. The ACU like to make money out of the riders don't you know.

You might have a problem with an international licence as I believe that there are insurance issues regarding non-EU competitors. I don't know exactly what it is but I think it has something to do with repatriation costs.

As has been said, the circuits are mostly shorter than the ones here.