1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Bead blast rotors in Greenville, SC?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by GypsyRacing, Feb 25, 2003.

1. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Just wondering if anyone commercially bead blast rotors in the Greenville/Spartanburg SC area?

How difficult is it to find glass bead and try myself........if I have access to a sandblaster?

Any pointers on how to do this?

.........just wondering.

2. jck22903

jck22903 zee 500, eez like, Faaack

I'm pretty sure Eastwood sells the glass bead media. Google "Eastwood restoration" or some such, and they should come right up.

3. hmpmark

hmpmark Member

Dennis,

Be VERY careful if you decide to do it yourself. It is very easy to do more harm that good when bead/sand blasting. It wouldn't take much to warp the rotors if you're not careful.

4. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Mark:

I had the same concerns doing it myself.............maybe I should start with a rear rotor first.................I don't use that thing very often anyways!

I was thinking about switching pads and I wanted to start fresh to evaluate this new brand.

Have you talked to Matt recently? I got some awesome photographs to show you the next time I see you..........a 5 picture crash sequence.

:D

5. hmpmark

hmpmark Member

Dennis,

Starting out on a rear rotor for practice sounds like a good idea. Although, if you are just looking to clean the rotors, you should be able to achieve the same results by hand. A few sheets of scotch-brite and some elbow grease should do the trick. However, I know you need to fill that floor space in your garage, and a sand-blasting booth would definitely be a good start.

Can't wait to see the pics. I certainly hope you two have gotten the crashing out of your system. Those shiny new SV's don't need to be hitting the ground anytime soon.:)

6. David L Hurst

David L Hurst Active Member

Dennis

Use a red scotch-brite 3M #7447. Wash with brake parts cleaner
    and you are good to go.

Or I have a bead blaster.