1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone actually come back?

Discussion in 'General' started by twodocs, Jan 10, 2022.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Already on the hunt!

noles19 likes this.
  2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I went on eBay and bought some cheap Chinese knock offs. They worked fine.

3. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

i am recently without a bike for the first time in almost 30yrs...i will be getting a newer one soon and it will be seeing track days as well. in the meantime my high HP car gives me plenty of kicks (when its running right lol)

4. eggfooyoung

Piranhas maybe?

5. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

You don't mention how old you are (and you don't have to). Nor do you mention when YOUR bikes were last started. One thing to consider is would you want to buy everything again: bike, gear, pit stuff, even transport vehicle. Some of those can be re-purposed. Others (like selling the transport vehicle) signals the death knell for any return-to-the-track plans.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

See how you feel after smelling this IMG_12012022_073320_(614_x_800_pixel).png

DmanSlam and pro69ss like this.
  7. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you're aware of the Circus Bear Racing League?

8. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Might come up and visit... ;)

9. eggfooyoung

Yes sir! That's where we're headed.

cBJr likes this.
  10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Sure, anytime. Bring a trailer :D.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  11. mb17

mb17 Broughton859

I suggest dirtbikes with the family as a few other guys mentioned as well. I've made the switch from Road Racing to Supermoto and now full time MX and MX is by far the best family sport of the three. If you have a good mini moto road race series it's kinda close but still doesn't compare. Of course you and the kids would have to be into riding offroad though

BigBird likes this.
  12. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Some of you all spend way too much time with your families:D

969, Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  13. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Says the empty Nester! :Poke:

rd400racer likes this.
  14. rd400racer

Funny thing is, now that my kids have moved out it seems I see them more and they cost me more!:D

Photo, speedluvn and BigBird like this.
  15. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

FJRs can be had for a pretty good price. Plan on a suspension upgrade. I have an 04 with a little over 40k miles that would probably bring somewhere around $3-$3500 if I were to sell it. Pretty sure the engine is the same as the new ones. The new ones also have a 6sp vs 5sp and a few more electronic gadgets, but the bones of it are basically the same as the new ones.

16. rd400racer

I had an 04 and it was a pretty nice motorcycle. Took it to 129 and it kept up with my brothers FZ1 just fine. I did put a Wilbers rear shock on, but other than that it was drama free. I bought it about 5 years ago, it had 16K miles and I paid $3500.

[​IMG]hot light skin boys

BigBird likes this.
  17. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

This is almost exactly what I did. My last race was in 2015. We had a nice 25' bow rider for a few years. Then I bought a motor yacht. Then in 2020 we moved to a wake boat. Our daughter was 16 at the time and it was a perfect thing to do as a family and with her friends. Later that year I got my first foil board. That thing will bring some intensity if you're looking for that.

18. FastByKids

FastByKids Tire Warmers What?

I tried to come back thinking racing with my family would be fun. After a few rounds of picking kids off the ground and wrenching broke bikes I soon realized I wasn't having fun. Especially in full leather
    We had so much fun with our boat. Kids became very good at wakeboarding.

The only problem I had getting family to help. Taking it in and out of the water was a chore because no one wanted the responsibility of backing the trailer or navigating to the dock as I was parking. The stink eyes I would get because I took so much time trying to do both...

Then when it was time to stow everything and clean before storage everyone would pull the Houdini. Back then I lived in a strict HOA but now my situation has changed. Actually might consider getting a project boat again.

19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Still patiently waiting for the list of machines in the OPs garage

20. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

I'm looking at a similar scenario. My wife and I crewed this summer in a Tuesday night racing series out of Buffalo on Lake Erie and we had a blast. I sailed little boats when I was a kid too so I'm looking at race boat like the Lightning and a smaller boat like a Laser for playing around after work. I'm not ready to commit to a boat that I need to rent a slip for yet. I'll learn on somebody else's big boat first.:D

joec likes this.