1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody thinking about buying a new ride right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Mar 27, 2020.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yes.
    Good-bye, 7.3 diesel.
    Hello, 7.3 Godzilla.
    [​IMG]

cpettit, ducnut and K51000 like this.
  2. 418

418 Expert #59

This is what you get when you FUBAR your diesels so bad nobody wants to buy them.

You market 40 year old technology that there was nothing wrong with to begin with and market it as an upgrade.

crashman likes this.
  3. fastfreddie

I wouldn't buy a new diesel cuz, well, we all know what the issues are...
    It's either Godzilla or throw the same $45K at my old 7.3PS.
    The old 7.3 wants 4x2 to 4x4 and auto to manual conversions, a power upgrade and a professional (>$10K) paint job but, frankly, I'd rather not deal with diesel peculiarities at all...particularly when Godzilla outpulls the PowerStroke!

4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

7.3 gas?

5. fastfreddie

Yes. Available in F250 and F350 SuperDuty. Detuned versions available in their larger commercial trucks.

Once a Wanker.. and baconologist like this.
  6. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I really want the Pro. I’m not going to be ready to buy for a little bit. Unless your offer is too good to pass up.

7. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I may be partial, but I feel the K5/6 Gix 1000 is right there too!

rd400racer likes this.
  8. baconologist

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Fucking levers rock. I'm too old for buttons. They scare me. But mechanical levers and sticks and cables? I'm in.

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

The challenger is no sports car in the way the mustang/camaro have become, but the new widebody version (especially in scat pack form) is apparently quite the grip machine in the corners with it's upped springs and sway bars and such. Add to that the much more comfortable interior and space usability of the challenger over the smaller pony cars and I could see the benefits for all the days you're driving it 'not' on track. I also happen to like the widebody challenger looks much more than the 2020 Camaro and Mustang.

Newyork and lee955i like this.
  11. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

uhhh. Replace the windshield and 4 tires.....

ducnut likes this.
  12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

The point is, I need a 4x4 and don't want to put $1500 into the truck to right around and get rid of it

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The 2020 Camaro looks like ass from the factory I'll give you that. I have no idea why they changed it from the last couple years it looked and handled amazing

14. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

418 and cpettit like this.
  15. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Right? I never did understand dirty pictures.. Isn't the best selling point?

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  16. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Yes, I do. Red, relatively low mileage, IIRC. Loaned it to a longtime family friend, who expressed interest in riding. She never has, in a year and a half.

Metalhead likes this.
  17. baconologist

meh, i’m not a car lot

pscook likes this.
  18. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Not familiar with this engine. I thought the were still building the V-10's. Planning to get rid of my '05 6.0 diesel Excursion and get a new, or newer, gas super-duty 4wd. Care to school me on this 7.3?

19. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

I get that but people might get the idea that if you could care less about cleaning your truck to sell it, you might not care about maintaining it. Just a general carelessness about the vehicle as a whole.

Newyork, SuddenBraking and 418 like this.
  20. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

New engine for this year. Google “Ford Godzilla” and you’ll find plenty of info.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.