1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody thinking about buying a new ride right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by cpettit, Mar 27, 2020.

1. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Tree Fiddy One Bob!!

DmanSlam likes this.
  2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it has an auto and this is going to be my daily. It makes a better daily. Also, LOL to another GM product outside of a C8. Lastly, well handling cars bore me. Road racing motorcycles has seen to that. The redeye is really just for theater and entertainment.

That voodoo motor though . . .

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I'd go GT350 because of the music it makes.

With this 0% for 84 months i'm kinda curious about a GMC 1500 with the 3.0 duramax. Looks like you can get it with the LTZ or Z71 package and it isn't 60k like the 2500s. I don't have a big trailer so no need for bigger than a 1500. Anybody have a 3.0 duramax?

noles19 likes this.
  4. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I was until the Gov closed all the dealerships in PA. Repairs only, no sales! :mad:

5. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

You have a link to the 900RR:D

USracer900 likes this.
  6. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Ive been kicking around a deal on a truck this last few days, they sure seem hungry. Not sure if they will get to where i want them to be but they keep miraculously finding more money the longer i wait. From what i have seen 84 month stuff all goes back to full msrp if you want to play that card. Maybe @Kris87 can offer up some leverage or insider trading info on the current state of the industry.

7. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for MASSIVE discounts on new trucks because they need to move their inventory before I even think about buying one.

Most of these dealers will not move on their "sales price" if you start talking about the 0% financing deal.

8. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

4.5fiddy :D

9. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

wera313 likes this.
  10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Bike thread? That must mean y'all lookin' at Suzuki and Kawasaki GTs and ZLs, right?
    Obviously, I'm new here. :D

11. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

Just depends, I see (what seems like) deals all the time on these older bikes. Found a 100% stock 2001 R1 for $2600. Does have a few scratches but damn that's dirt cheap!

evakat likes this.
  12. rd400racer

13. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

See, I guess I'm off. 3k for a 23 year old bike with nearly 30k miles?

14. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Well, most of the help right now is coming from the manufacturers since dealers operate at absolute whore levels profitability wise anyways. Dealers will always advertise the absolute lowest price, and that conflicts with what the manufacturer pushes with the 0% for 84 deal. Most people don't know you have to give up all or at least most of the rebates to take the apr offer. We don't go back to MSRP when someone wants that option, but its a big hit from a sales price standpoint, especially on something like a F-150 when you lose $7500 of rebates. Marketing is perception. That said...it's a good time to buy if you need a vehicle. If you don't, don't bother.

TurboBlew and renegade17 like this.
  15. rd400racer

I'm not being a smart ass but rather simply asking a question...do you know about this bike? 900RR's are legendary machines, right up there with 1st Gen R1's and 916's. As a former owner of one I can attest that it's damn near one of the most complete motorcycles ever made. You can race it, tour on it, commute on it, be a damn hooligan if you want. And they also have legendary reliability. There are many articles and reports of them doing 200K+ miles on simple oil changes and tires.

And I'm sure he'd take $2500 if I waved it in front of his face:D

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  16. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm always looking.
    - Buncha Honda two-wheelers and their SxS - GoldWing, AT/AS, RR-Rrrrrr, NSF250R, 301RR and TalonR.
    - A custom S&S American twin reminiscent of a Mercury LeadSled - 200f/300r, Ohlins, Brembo all tucked away on one heavy lookin' ride.
    - I'm comin' around to Ford's dually (gotta look past the ugly rear fenders) with the new 7.3 - someone will be making a twin-rotor SC soon enough. :cool:
    - Ram's dually is drop-dead gorgeous but I'll never buy a new diesel and their gas engine ain't a 7.3 Godzilla. :D
    - Cars? Pfft. 911 4.
    Have the money to look 24/7, don't have the money buy 1. :(

17. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

There’s a lengthy thread floating around pertaining to them. ;)

vfrket likes this.
  18. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Why get one, when you can get 2.

89816563_2909136462483529_3317693156182458368_o.jpg

K51000 and motion like this.
  19. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I've been window shopping trucks. It's hard to justify price wise but there are some serious deals back home in Texas. I have a 2016 Ram ecodiesel that I need a windshield and 4 tires. I've been looking at the 2020 and also Duramax. My main justification is I need a 4x4 living in CO but I don't want to start over on a car note. What to do what to do.

20. cowboy dann

cowboy dann Well-Known Member

Just got a 2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 dually with the diesel