1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody switch from Verizon to Sprint

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

If Sprint coverage works for you then I would ask how often you're around wifi (at home, at work, etc). Sprint was decent for me and I spend 90% of my time in good wifi either at work or at home so I went with Republic Wireless. Bought the phone outright for about $300 and have used it for 2.5 years at a cost of about $15/month. I'm on the old plan so they buy back what I don't use. 1GB is $25, I seldom use more than 500MB due to the wifi availability so I get a refund $10ish refund. Might not work for you but worth a look maybe.

EDIT - they're newer phones also use T-mobile towers.

2. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Check out google fi if your area supports it, buy a google phone off swappa for $200.

3. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Verizon here. None of the others have consistent service out where I live. Anybody that comes to visit is always nagging how they don't have cell signal. Those folks are a combination of Sprint, ATT, T-Mobile, and US Cellular.

4. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I just set our business up with the Verizon Unlimited plan. It seems to work best in the areas we visit. And it's not truly an unlimited plan. Once you get past 22g of data, they throttle your speed back.

5. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I've had Sprint for years. Works great for me wherever I go.

6. rowe748

rowe748 Well-Known Member

Check out Project Fi by Google. $20 per phone and $10 per gig, no contract. You get reimbursed for any data you don't use also. I just switched from Verizon and couldn't be happier. They use Sprint and T-Mobile towers, so you get whichever has the best service.

7. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

If you have 4 lines, they charge $110 for service, $20/device equals $190 and then if you do auto pay and paperless billing they will knock $10 off, so that is how you pay $45/line and this doesn't include taxes and wireless fees

8. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Sprint sound quality sucks around central VA but the data was fine when I was in a place that had coverage. Speech is so garbled I switched to Cricket/ATT and I've been getting much better service overall.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I just drove by a sprint store last night advertising 5 lines for $90 unlimited test, calls, and data. I originally went to Sprint in the early 2000's from AT&T and Sprint was much better in S. Ca. By 2010 I would drop calls and had to have an air wave at my office to make calls out via the internet. Then it started getting worse at my house and they wanted to charge me for the second air wave, so I went to T-mobile.

T-mobile's has a bunch of good points like data was free when we went to Europe, plus an hour of free wifi on air flights. However, my quality seems to be dropping some. I'm guessing so many people have moved over to T-mobile they can't keep up on the band width.

10. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Had a few different ones back in the day, including sprint.
    Verizon is slightly more expensive but it is also faster than all others and much better coverage in the rural area where i live.

11. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

I just called AT&T yesterday, $160 a month is getting old. My plan hasn't changed in a year and a half. The competition has driven the unlimited data plans for $xx a month so now that's the benchmark. They switched me to an unlimited talk/txt/data plan for $65 a mo + fees. (Insurance + $20 mo for the iphone). So $95 a month. Yeah, still high but more $ in the pocket for tires and cans of VP.

dsmitty37 likes this.
  12. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

I'm on Verizon, I tried Sprint on a 30 day trial a few months back and the service in rural areas(where I live) was noticeably worse than Verizon, so I stayed put.

13. Boman Forklift

So, you went from 160 to 95, that's a great reduction.

14. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

If you plan on going anywhere rural, they suck donkey balls for coverage.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

15. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

I thought so too, only felt stupid not calling sooner.

16. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I ask because I don't know:

What is the limiter on band width? Towers?

17. Boman Forklift

I don't know for sure, but that is what I think it is. Verizon seems to have the best coverage, and I have to believe that is because they have more towers, or their technology allows more people/data per tower.

18. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

I live in upstate NY between Syracuse and Rochester and Sprint does not work worth a darn down here, but if you are in a metro market (Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, NYC, Philly, etc) it works great. So I will stay with Verizon. I wish T-Mobile had better service here (their service is about the same as Sprint's) as I would probably switch over to them.

19. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

Sprint......longest 2 yrs. of my life.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

A button. One controlled by the powers that be (the carrier). It's market censorship. They can't have everybody with a phone getting unlimited access cuz, what will they do next month to improve their marketing if they already give you everything? None of 'em are big enough to provide that level of truly unlimited service to everyone anyway, so, they dole out "unlimited" to higher paying customers, or at least what they call unlimited.
    Truly unlimited would be like talkin', surfin', whatever, unencumbered by any delay 'til you drop dead. It's possible to provide that level but there's no money in doing so...screw you, give us another $100 a month. Thank you, here's another byte of the cookie.
    It's BS. Like going to a library to read a book and they tell you you can only read 5 pages a day unless you want to pay. Then you get one more page. WTF?!?