1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody ride the tracks in Texas?

Discussion in 'General' started by Bones74, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Bones74

Bones74 Official Back Marker.

I am moving there and I am curious how they are. Thanks.:D

2. Chris13

Chris13 Which lever is the Brake?

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

^ Yup that's the place to go to get all the info needed.

I rode MSR Houston, Texas World, and Cresson. I liked Cresson and TWS but not MSR houston so much. Just didn't flow very well.

But all are within a close driving distance to each other.

4. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Cresson: short but nice flowing and pretty smooth. All corners are off camber and the mix combined with a slow warming track makes it hard on tires and green in the morning.

Oak Hill: a mans track. Very short, very bumpy, very old. If you can go fast here you can go fast just about anywhere. Plus, its cool to see the track records written in marker on the wall with names like Haner, Edwards, Polen, etc.

TWS: the biggest, fastest track we have. Turn 1 is a gut check. The rest is not particularly physical or technical. It is super fun though.

MSR Houston: new and bumpy, wavy, and with a strange flow to it. It is basically big straights connected by chicanes and a couple of technical turns. I actually like it.

Eagles Canyon: new and technical, consists of great elevation changes and three super long straights. Runoff is like the surface of the moon and you better have a lunar rover. It is 35 minutes from my house so I love it.

We also race at Hallet in OK. It is my favorite track. The layout is good, the surface is not so good, but the facilities and people are great.

If you need more info about the tracks or even better, the CMRA, let me know.

5. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

There is also Grandsport Speedway or something like that, never been. And Harris Hill Road that is very new and located in San Marcos. Lots of great tracks to choose from. As was previously stated, TWS is probably one of my more favorite because of turn 1. When I first tried it and asked for a brake point I was told don't brake until you see God, then hope he's kind that day.

6. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

i just moved to texas so havent gotten to the track yet. looking forward to CMRA but i'm worried WERA spoiled me in the southeast!

7. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

come on out, we will take good care of you. while I would never compare our show to what mongo puts on I can still guarantee you will have fun.

oh and welcome to texas. now assimilate or gtfo.:D

8. Bones74

Bones74 Official Back Marker.

Thanks for the answers. I will see you there in the spring.

9. SnacktimeKC

SnacktimeKC Well-Known Member

10. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

oh no doubt i'll have fun. cant have a bad time at the track!

i see you are vice president. why do you guys make it so you cant join your forum unless you pay?

why not have something more open like the WERA BBS?

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Because they don't want the stupid to spill over...

12. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

eh sure there is a lot of stupid but it also gives A LOT of information and gives a very convenient place for people to talk about their passion.

Also, CMRA is only in Texas (1 track in OK doesnt really count) so it also comes down to a regional thing. WERA's BBS is great for anyone involved in WERA and people interested in being involved. Why can't CMRA do teh same with their forum and also act as a general discussion place for all sportbike riders in tejas?

Just sucks not being able to post up in their forum yet and i wont post up until i pay for my race license next season

13. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Go to CMRA.com and click on Message Board. You don't have to pay to join. But you might have to email Barry or someone directly.

14. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Being new to TX hopefully I will be out to some CMRA stuff next year. WERA SE does spoil you a little but I hear good things about CMRA.

15. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

me and you both! lived here only 3 months and havent been on track since august! BOO but man i cannot wait. sad thing is my long drive to any actual race track. Harris Hill is 30 min but no racing...

closest track is 2 hours!

16. backbone

backbone scarred for life

You can post over there. At the bottom.

17. backbone

backbone scarred for life

You saw God, huh?:D

18. Strick

Strick Good to be king

I have been here since about mid July.

19. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

what tracks have you visited since? I dont think i'll get track time until feb or march : (

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Dom,

You asked. I answered. Dont like it? Join the club, run for the board and try to get it changed. Works better than shooting at the messenger...