1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody own a 1970 chevelle

Discussion in 'General' started by Lavana, Oct 9, 2019.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I liked the Corvairs.

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

The fact is that the listing Steeltoe made was for a super rare Nova @ $500k
    I'm saying they all are not in that price range.

3. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Right, like the clone you listed. I don't think people were referring to clones.

4. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

The ORIGINAL post I replied to. As in the first one of yours. The one with this link:
    https://www.celebritycars.com/detai...50_~real_yenko_deuce_-used-114270w349789.html
    Which says in the website address itself "copo_lt1_350". Even says it in the description on the page.

5. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

All yenko nova's and camaro's are 427's. You could specify a th400 or M22 trans, those were the options. Yenko was a dealership. They special ordered the cars from GM using devil magic others did not know about. Sure, they sold plenty of other nova's and camaro's and those can be called yenko's to a degree. But they are not what people are talking about when they say the name.

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Please find me more listing for $500,000

7. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Please find me more that aren't clones.

8. stk0308

Interesting. I was just going by what the expert Dawg was posting. I guess I've fallen victim to what Scotty pointed out, a clone.

9. stk0308

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

If you saw all 3 versions lined up next to each other would you be able to tell the difference ?
    Search You Tube :
    1969 Yenko SC 427 Nova from the Bob Marvin Collection

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I've got one buried about ten feet under next to the pond. Pushed it right in the hole when we cleared the place off. Along with the rest of the trash. You can have it if you wanna dig it up :D

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nickey Chevrolet
    Baldwin Motion
    Yenko

I feel like Nickey Chevrolet sold more otc specials than the other two. I do love the lore of the mythical CoPo cars.

noles19 likes this.
  13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I saw a Baldwin Chevelle driving down 485 not long ago. Clone or not that thing was sweet

Steeltoe likes this.
  14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Perhaps you missed the tense.:D They were just one of the cars GM killed just about the time they started to get things right.

15. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

There's a nice Chevelle on Bring A Trailer right now

16. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

That's where my cousin's came from.

17. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Thanks. Car started life as a firebird Esprit. I wouldn't chop up an original SD T/A. Those things are going for crazy money.

18. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

So long story here. My 69 Camaro was a car that was raffled off by a local lions club. When I saw the car for sale i called about it and discovered that it was the draw car. So I called a friends dad who i was pretty sure sold the car to the Lions club. Well, he tells me yeah he sold the car to them, and that it was the car that he called me to help him rebuild the engine back 20yrs ago. Brought him along with me to look at the car, and he told me the history, where he bought it from the local original owner, and basically replaced most of the body panels. Bought it that night. Since then i have done a bunch of tinkering, replaced the engine once, rebuilt and installed the original again, lowered it, swapped in a Super T10 4spd trans for the turbo 350 auto. And driven the shit out of it. I have a ton of fun driving it, and it is easy as shit to work on. I have had it 4 yrs now and keep thinking of doing more stuff to it, but that i can jump in it at any time and fix it if it breaks down with basic tools and a bit of know how.

Go get the car. Have fun. Live a bit.

JJJerry likes this.