1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody looking for a legendary V7 bike?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Stumpy, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

I have my ex-stickboy 95 yzf600 for sale. Just the fact that Stick's pale ginger cheeks have graced the seat with their presence should make this bike boccarp level lust worthy. I was using it as a street bike (what a waste, I know...) but I haven't ridden it in 2 years and its taking up valuable space in the shop. It has a fox shock, 97+ yzf front end that gives you all the cool kid adjustments, braided front brake lines, full Vance & Hines race system plus a spare Super Slow and 2 Restrictive can, 97+ carbs that I have just cleaned but haven't remounted because I've not been super motivated to work on it, the fuel pump works (that's a pricey part if you know these bikes). The best part is the color. You know the big box of Crayolas? Not the 64 count, the big big one that even has neon colors in it? I'm pretty sure they melted those in a room with an open grate floor directly above the graphics assembly department where they flowed down like the most fabulous lava that would make the skittles factory jealous. That being said, the fairings are spartan at best. The lower had some broken tabs so I took them off. Then the mids broke some tabs and were flopping about so I took the sawzall to them and now it has an fz700ish 1/4 fairing that makes ducati 900 ss/cr owners jealous. On the plus side, I do have the matching rear seat cover, so I have that going for me, which is nice. It also still sports the original DB Motorsports logo across the front of the windscreen which cannot be had for any amount of money (unless you have money and you give it to Stick, who can then put you in possession of said artifact because he's kind of a big deal). I was going to get some race glass and break it out and go through V7MW like Robby-Bobby at a Hooter's buffet but I need another dual sport/dirt bike/supermoto and the FZYZF600RRRRRR is taking up space that can be used to store said new attraction. Oh yeah, it has aboot 33K miles which have all been easy commuter miles mostly put on by Stick himself. I even hear rumor that Honey has applied her derriere to the passenger seat on multiple occasions.
    Asking $800. Get it before Barber puts it in the museum where it belongs.
    Pics coming.

2. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Need DNA analysis to confirm any and all seat claims...

3. 418

418 Expert #59

It's a street bike right? Hmmmmm....

The historic pedigree makes it appealing alone.

Send some pics.

4. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

Pics

ToofPic likes this.
  5. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I had one of these..Does it have original crank? We endurance raced one.Show some pics pleeze.
    The early original crank had some problems that was later fixed,but guessing with 33k miles its not an issue.
    Blew mine up 2 times Memphis,and Road A.Either way a great price!

6. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

After reading that, I miss the bike.

I got it when it was about 6 months old and road it, a lot. It had a second gear problem that was fixed with new parts right after I got it. No troubles since then. It rides good enough that Lori would fall asleep on the back as we went places. We would do 600 mile trips to the mountains back back in a day on it.

I originally got it to race it in the C Nov classes in 96. It was such a good streetbike, that I just keep riding it.

Buy with confidence, solid seller, corners low, stand up guy, whatever else I'm supposed to say.

TurboBlew likes this.
  8. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

I'll trade it back to you for the ttr...

9. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

With the schedule changes coming up soon, I'll be able to use the TTR more.

10. shift96

shift96 Well-Known Member

Where is it located?

11. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

Brunswick, GA