1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Rolex 24 "AD" Daytona Winner should have tipped you off before you spun the case off!

2. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

What does AD stand for?

3. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

Authorized dealer

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

4. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

It should say "AT"

L8RSK8R and NemesisR6 like this.
  5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Omega Speedmaster moonwatch saphire sandwich ref 311.30.42.30.01.006

L8RSK8R and Jedb like this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I like that one!!

I thought this is the one Tyler wants, and sure enough it is. He said it won’t matter as you won’t be able to buy a new one from a dealer anyway, but at least he should be able to find a new one in the resale market.

That just stinks to me you can’t buy a new one from a dealer.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  7. Boman Forklift

He’s connected baby!!!!:D

L8RSK8R and SteveThompson like this.
  8. Kolbe

Kolbe Well-Known Member

Well that's disappointing to hear. Wanted to get one for my wedding next August. Guess I'll be talking to the ADs around here and see if I can get lucky.

9. Boman Forklift

Other guys on here will know better than i do. I told him if he thought it would help to order two I would buy one with him, he said he didn’t think that would help, probably because they are trying to stop flippers, not really sure?

10. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

The last 62MAS clone wasn't doing it for me with the SKX013 mod case - so updated the case set to a 40mm version very close to the new SLA017 version Pretty happy with it!
    62MAS 12.jpg 62MAS 11.jpg

Attached Files:

j cal, Hawk518, RichB and 4 others like this.
  11. Kolbe

Kolbe Well-Known Member

I'll keep you updated on what I hear from the local ADs.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

I appreciate that.

I don't know watches, I just know I like this particular one and a few others. Back when I was in my twenties, like he is now, the hot Rolex was stainless and gold with day, and date. I just could never justify it. Now maybe I could see getting one, especially if it helped him get one too. He get a promotion and gets a big bonus, so he said he is treating himself. :)

13. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

It is wild. My understanding is that all watch manufacturing equipment is made just for watches (can use a regular CNC mill for it).
    Whenever I have a supplier say the part we are design is too small I think about what they would say about one of the gears inside of a watch.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

i've had to deal with assemblies with very small components and we strongly considered watchmakers for parts or equipment for it... (miniature valves)

rafa likes this.
  15. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Go to Youtube and search for "Japanese watchmaker spends a year to make one watch". It's amazing what people can make with some pretty simple tools.

16. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Penis pump?

:beer:

Phl218 likes this.
  17. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

Here’s my latest project. I bought this Tudor from England. It was supposed to be a runner but it barely ran. It also had a broken crystal and a ridiculous strap. I was able to do a full service, replace the crystal, replace the strap, put in a new mainspring, clean up the dial and hands and do some regulating (I’d like to do a little more). It now runs pretty well and I think it’s super cool. Look at the engraving on the back!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lazlo, NemesisR6, tony 340 and 7 others like this.
  18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

I found this one that I got 20 years ago stashed in a box so I took it in for a battery and band adjustment, still looks cool imho
    phillip .jpg

cha0s#242, sdiver, worthless and 3 others like this.
  19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

An Australian colleague of mine posted this into our "watch-nerds" thread on Slack.
    #not_so_subtle_flex

Screenshot_20210417-152959_Facebook.jpg

20. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Steve T, why's it necessary to wear those finger condoms?