1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I have a good friend selling a Panerai 426 in excellent condition, if anyone's interested. I think he's asking USD $5900.
    He's a good guy and a racer.

2. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

That's an understatement!

I did get to buy a super-cool set of tiny screwdrivers though.

3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Sorry, it's a 1950 422.

[​IMG]

4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

The Ofrei TZ school? Its fun. I need an actual watchmaker bench to help keep track of all the Dave K sized parts...

5. SteveThompson

No. It's watchrepairlessons.com. It's a British guy that does Youtube videos and has a nice online forum for watch stuff. He has 3 different courses. I signed up for all of them. I really like the format and feel like I've learned a lot already. Mostly it takes a bunch of practice. On that note, if anyone has something they want me to look at I'd be glad to try. I need the experience. I'd even buy old or junk mechanical watches if you have something. I've fixed every watch around our house. Even some quartz ones that didn't run or work for some reason or another. You just have to be aware that I'm a total amateur and there is some risk of me screwing it up :).

6. ChemGuy

Cool. Didnt know about that one. Ill have to take a look. Thanks.

7. SteveThompson

[​IMG]

You don’t know anyone who lacks self control as much as I do.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. ChemGuy

Thats just mean....not showing us whats inside.

And what ya do...sell a meridian?

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm betting on a GMT pepsi. I just get that vibe from the box. :D

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Steve, you'd better post soon on what it is! I smell a "you're teasing me" banning if you don't. :D

11. SteveThompson

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

oh, you're gonna get a long banning, mother trucker! :crackup:

13. SteveThompson

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My friendly crack dealer (I mean Rolex AD) texted me and said he had something interesting available if I wanted it. It’s a frikkin’ Deepsea! I’m so excited to have it! It’s arguably Rolex’s most technical watch. It’s big and heavy and I don’t care. :moon:

Phl218 likes this.
  14. ChemGuy

[​IMG]

SteveThompson and Phl218 like this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How monstrous is it?

Eh, don't care, I'd fly is and make everyone call me Flava Dave.

Nice! :cool:

16. SteveThompson

[​IMG]

This is me wearing it right now. It’s big but I don’t think it’s obnoxious. Also, you have to remember I’m built like Stickboy but not as bulky. :D

j cal and Phl218 like this.
  17. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Out of morbid curiosity, what makes it Rolex's most technical watch?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Don't know about the technical part but it's built like a Soviet IS tank. :D Crazy Thick rolex steel, waterproof up to 3900 meters, it's insane once you look at it's capabilities. No one really dives with it, dive computers and all that shit are cheaper but it can go from -12800 feet below sea to freakin' space.

Really, if you're into Tool watches, the Deep sea IS the ultimate tool watch IMHO.

19. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Ah, that makes sense. I get it, and if I had the discretionary income that would be on the list. Right now I just admire the parade of art, so it's cool to see something that robust.

If, hypothetically, one were to wear that watch, is that the "oh shit, he's got a Deepsea!" watch to the aficionados? Is it that exclusive?

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Exclusive? Kinda. They don't produce a ton of them and it's pricey (no idea on the current retail) and it's a freakin' monster. It's something that if you know what it is and can "use" it, it's the cat's pajamas. and yeah, Rolex nerds will know exactly what it is. :)

I dig 'em and regret not getting one years ago but a Sub worked better in my world.

Wearing it, you will develop a lean to the side you are wearing it. :crackup:

SteveThompson likes this.