1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Give it 3 months and then Jomashop and Chrono24 are going to make lowballing on craigslist look nice...

I'm waiting to lowball on the PAM-184
    Internal bezel on the upper right.
    Hour/Minute/GMT on the lower right.

[​IMG]

Phl218 and sdiver like this.
  2. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Not seeing any fire sales yet. If this goes on for a few months then yes.

3. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

I doubt the mfgs are gonna drop prices. Would need to be panicked individuals. Though it'd be nice Bob's to drop their prices 25-50%...

4. Jedb

At least the watch I referenced above is a 2006/07 model. It's 2nd hand market only.
    Which means individuals, or re-sellers that may have been sitting on it a while.

5. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I’m keeping an eye on TRF.

6. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I’m wondering if the used market will get flooded with those trying to liquidate.

7. 08/09 I bought up a lot, keep liquid cash handy as I’m hedging on another market flood. Also will be a great time to buy motorized toys like dirt bikes, atv’s, boats etc. Call me a savage but I’m not forcing people to sell them and I’m not a pawn shop so is what it is. I have a couple watches I’ve been keeping an eye out for as well as couple ATV’s. Gun market is going the other way for obvious reasons.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

a navitimer or an IWC Pilot... are what my cash is lusting after

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I'm hoping that OG Seamaster 300 prices crater and the price of black market kidneys somehow goes way up...

Hell id settle for Seamaster 120 at a reasonable price...

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope but I lost a pin on the Hamilton band so ordered an assortment pack of them as well as a new battery for the Luminox and put the Citizen out in the sun to charge up. Downside is it discharges quick enough it may need a new battery too, not a surprise given the age.

11. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Crown & Caliber has started dropping prices, not by a huge percentage though.

I seem to be getting way more emails from Joma lately.

sdiver likes this.
  12. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Starting to see moderate deals available using watchrecon.

Montoya likes this.
  13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Curious to hear if you are able to replace that eco drive battery. I have one that won’t charge and I’m told it’s junk. It was a gift from my dad so I’d hate to toss it.

14. Jedb

You could also have Mike change out the movement. I'm sure he could do a good job for you.
    You might get it back in 2023.... ;)

JBraun likes this.
  15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Who told you that. Lots of info on changing the "battery" which I thought was really a capacitor for eco drives on the net.

https://www.totalwatchrepair.com/blogs/resources-and-tips/citizen-eco-drive-capacitor-replacement

Maybe you got a really old one but most just change like a battery.

16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

It’s one of those fancy skyhawk jobs with so much writing on the dial it makes a breitling look clean. It’s a hideous watch but sentimental value and shit.

Maybe the local jeweler just wanted to sell me a watch. I’ll spin it apart and take a look.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Found the capacitor/battery online but having just bought batteries for the luminox and pins for the Hamilton I'm putting that on hold for now. The stock battery is working just not keeping a full charge like it used to.

JBraun likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

This does remind me I still have a Seiko somewhere that needs to be pulled apart and a WERA dial made....

19. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

20. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Anyone bored at home and want to work on a Seiko Prospex for me? It's a 4R35 movement. Started running about 5 min fast a day and today sounds like something backed out and is rattling around in the case. Still running however.

I can lysol the shit outta her then mail it to ya :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020