1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

That Tudor would look killer on a wire mesh strap :)

sdiver likes this.
  2. diggy

diggy Well-Known Member

I really really like that watch.. Where did you get it? New or used?

3. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Thanks! Its LNIB full kit from trusted dealer on TRF. Advertised as unworn and shows no signs of ever being worn. I had the local AD resize the bracelet, pressure test, and validate everything.

I'm on the list at the local Rolex AD for several steel sport models but never get the call. So pretty much we are forced to hunt the secondary market.

4. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

It came on jubilee style bracelet but I bought it specifically to wear on various straps.

5. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I think TRF is the best option out there for used watches.

<edit> There's a Grand Seiko on there right now that I'm trying to convince myself I don't need.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I think I figured out that is the Rolex Forum. That place is dangerous to look at. I see a lot of watches I like, but I've always been okay with a cheapo watch of $125 or less and then cell phones came out so I quit wearing a watch.

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

How you gonna live in The OC and not have a $5,000 watch, man. Its probably part of your HOA or something.

You best get ur wrist right.

:D

wsmc42, socal and Phl218 like this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Maybe that’s my Midwest upbringing, keeping me from buying, but I think @JBraun has some nice ones, so must be I’m just a cheapskate...:D

I don’t know many of the models, but the Sub mariner and explorer II look pretty nice to me. I actually came close to buying that Nicky Hayden watch, that would have been my most expensive watch ever.

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

You don’t need a Rolex or Omega. A nice Hamilton or Seiko can be had for a couple bills. Good quality watches and many choices to fit your “Style”.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Well, then I may as well stick with my Skagen or Timex? I might have owned a Seiko at one point, if not it was my dad that had it.

11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Just got into the shop a 1969 14k Omega Seamaster automatic chronometer with day and date (in German I believe). It didn’t Have a band so I ordered a brown leather one off eBay. Can’t wait to see how it looks paired together.

12. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Well you dont actually spend money on a well bought Rolex. It's like a high interest bank account on your wrist.

But regardless, I have another coming that ends my current collection rotation that's less than $400 and punches far above its weight. Will post when it arrives.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Last one for awhile...the legendary Seiko SARB033 ("Baby Grand Seiko") which comes in under $400. IMO, this and the Tissot Gentleman Powermatic 80 are very close in the discussion for best overall value, go-anywhere do-anything, mechanical watches. AKA the SV650 of horology :D

[​IMG]

On Barton Gator

[​IMG]

14. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Looked at these two today. Decisions, decisions... looking to choose my first nice watch:
    [​IMG]

Supergirl likes this.
  15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I like the stainless band Tudor. Good looking.

16. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Love the Pepsi GMT, and Tudor...but I think that particular model has some issues. Not sure how widespread.

Tudor GMT date wheel issue once more https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=4899023

17. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

The pepsi on stainless bracelet is killer! [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Supergirl, sdiver and wera313 like this.
  18. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

What the hell is going on at the bottom of the picture? You got Lifesavers on your feet?

:eek:

19. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

Lol, staying in style. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

pscook likes this.
  20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

There must be deals to be had, with the impending doom and all of that. Anybody score anything yet?