1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Philip Mirgliotta

Philip Mirgliotta Well-Known Member

I have a T-race that I've worn for work for nearly 10 years. It's taken literal beatings and only in the past week has the band finally given up. The sapphire crystal is still like new.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Me either, but check out their reviews. *shrug*

Luckily I've never had to test the Joma warranty.

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Tried getting the wife’s ceramic Dior wristband fixed/replaced through joma. No luck. They only cover “watch internals”.
    Which is essentially a bogus warranty, since a movement will last two years.

4. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I have a Hamilton Khaki that I have worn hard for years. It has a similar ETA movement. I've never considered sending it in for service. It did get a little moisture in it once, but it still runs perfectly. I'd probably just get a new one before I sent it in. I'm not an expert watchmaker but I think you can buy the movement cheaper than you can service it, so that might be an option.

5. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I have one that's about 10 years old. The red one. I wore it almost every day for years. The strap wore out but the rest is still in great condition. I bought a new strap for it a few months ago and put a new battery in it. It's now back in the rotation.

The marked down price is the appropriate price. If you like it you should buy it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

6. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

They've been excellent to me too. When I bought my limited edition 2009 MotoGP Tissot, they refunded me the cost of the battery when it died within a week of delivery. I call that pretty awesome.

7. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yeah I’m not saying it’s a piece of shit by any means, just that it’s an expensive quartz watch.

8. cha0s#242

I was underwhelmed with the quality of my T-Race. It scratches easily and eats batteries every 1.5 years. For the price I paid, I was expecting more. But hey, I got a plastic helmet and some backplates that I never use with it :rolleyes:

9. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

7C0C26A3-F920-42BD-B2AC-78087460D119.png I almost bought the first Hayden watch during a cruise stop in the Bahamas. The red version with the large star on the face. Had the guy down to a fair price but couldn’t justify the cost. I’ve kicked myself ever since but I don’t really wear watches ever at all.

But... I just turned 37 and have a new job in a business casual environment so now all of a sudden I find myself shopping. (This thread can share the blame for that along with my personal steps towards coping with own middle age maturity) Sure would love to find this tasteful black one at the same price as the blue one that has also been in my Joma cart all week long. But alas that ship sailed long ago.

10. Inquizid

Thank you sir. Your kind words have saved me $250. I should really be dumping money into getting my grandfather’s old Omegas working again at the hands of the ancient almost retired (or dead) watch-smith in the basement of my office building.

11. cha0s#242

For 250$, it's a good deal, especially if you're a Nicky fan. I paid three times that price, this is why I was dissapointed.

12. Inquizid

Damn you good sir!

cha0s#242 likes this.
  13. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Post up a photo.
    How old?

14. Inquizid

Ha! I think the Constellation wasn’t going to be worth the parts to fix it last time I had it looked at. I’ll have to dig them out this weekend once I escape this business casual office environment.

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

We talked about this...I LIKE Omegas....You can have the non-diver Seikos.....:D

16. ton

ton Arf!

:stupid:
    Jed and I have had that exact conversation... several times. With me similarly ribbing him on his fetish

17. Jedb

:moon:

@ChemGuy let me know if you want to go in on some goodwill action.
    @ton you should use the 0% financing.. :Poke:

18. Jedb

Original pie-pan constellations are pretty cool.

Not my wrist, but as an example:
    [​IMG]

vizsladog and SteveThompson like this.
  19. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I nearly got one a few years back but the wait/shipping did not align with my travels.

Heard both good and bad.

But mostly by someone pushing Alpina.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

20. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

I bought an invicta (lol) for an everday watch, if I break it I won't lose any sleep over it. After I take care of everyone for Christmas I'm pretty certain I'm getting the Steinhart unless a good deal for something else comes my way.

Phl218 and Jedb like this.