1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

DAGAZ now makes a insert/crystal that matches up perfectly if you ever want to spend a hundred bucks and correct that:

http://www.dagazwatch.com/apps/webstore/products/show/7542759

2. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. That crystal is THICK though and I'm not sure I want to increase the height of the watch any. It's already borderline too tall for my tastes. I haven't looked into it yet, but I'm wondering if there's a way to decrease the height of the bezel any to line the insert up with the crystal I already have.

3. peakpowersports

Maybe shoot them an email. Part of me wants to think its just the insert that is different but I'm not sure. I haven't made the purchase yet on it.

4. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I have a press for the crystal. Literally used it once. Only reason I'm holding onto it is to replace the glass on my monster

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That reminds me, need to see what other equipment I'll need for this build...

6. peakpowersports

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Already have most of that. Need to go find a walkthrough of modding the 007 setup and see what I'm missing if anything.

8. peakpowersports

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I'll check them out, thanks :D

10. EngineNoO9

On a whim I decided to look on Google to try and see if the intrawebs could help me troubleshoot my Seiko monster. Saw a video suggesting the rotor may be loose and not winding it right. Decided to try and got it working! Wahoo! It's probably been 4 years!

DE6EADF3-F0F8-4B45-813A-4B6601D88BA9.jpeg

I've wanted to do a new dial and hands but had avoided it as I was looking at needing a new movement too.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. EngineNoO9

JK. It stopped already :(

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  12. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

Down the rabbit hole I go.

Followed advice here and got this SKX007 and added a Strapcode 3d Super Oyster. Have a new crystal, bezel insert and hands coming for it. Pretty cool all the combos you can do with these guys. The combinations are endless.

[​IMG]

Put a low Double dome Sapphire crystal in this one from Crystal times. Was my first time ever even taking the back off a watch. I bought about $50 bucks in tools from amazon, watched a bunch of YouTube and it went pretty easy.
    The pics don't really show how big the difference is. Its really cool, very deep and optically clear.

Between two nato straps and the crystal I doubled the price of what I payed for the damn thing...

Good times.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

So, took out the stock crystal and put it back in, and gave it a proper water test. It Passed . Fish seemed unimpressed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Put the Sub bezel and crystal times DD sapphire it and trying out a leather nato.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a set of hands to put on as well but I think I like the stock ones better, and I havent worked up the balls to try it yet. Looking for next project now, was thinking of getting a Orient Ray/Mako to screw with. They are pretty cheap and seem to have a good fan base.

ChemGuy likes this.
  14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

@Dave K or any of you other watch nuts seen the new Tudor GMT in person? Opinions? the pics look really good....

I think i really like the way it looks in pics. I dont want to go to an AD myslef as I may buy the f%6&er.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I saw a black out black bay (I think that was the model) and walked away quickly.
    I was looking at IWCs again and then a shit ton of expenses rolled in that killed that for at least 6 months. . . and I want a new car and Sam wants a new house and the cats both need braces for their teeth and. . .

Phl218 likes this.
  16. ChemGuy

I hear ya.
    My house in GA needs a new roof, my dumb ass is trying to get back to the track/race, etc.

But dammit a sweet Tudor GMT has been on my wish list for a while.
    [​IMG]

Or hunt down a Hammy Intramatic 68....those are sex on the wrist too

I hate watches....:D

17. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

If you are talking bout the recent re-issue, the Hamilton is a nice watch. I really like mine, and I got it for less than retail. It wears a bit bigger (42) than the original (38) but it's a really nicely put together package.

I do really like the Tudor GMT as well, but that's not going to happen for a while.
    I really need to sell a bunch of stuff I'm not using and consolidate some funds to buy it.

18. ChemGuy

Yeah the re-issue. I still hope to find an original at some estate sale or some shit.

If you ever want to part with it let me know. I may even go to $3.51 for that watch...:D

19. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I'm not letting mine go. I had my father's baseball cards (1947-1957 era) and sold them after he passed away.
    I bought the Hamilton with those funds. Kind of his last gift to me for my 48th birthday.

Here you go.
    https://www.chrono24.com/hamilton/i...n=hamilton&modelId=833&showpage=&sortorder=11

I'm a helper.. :D

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I dig that watch but the hour hand and lack of "protection" lugs for the crown kind of take away from it. . . maybe on a leather band. . .