1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Uber Drivers?

Discussion in 'General' started by K51000, Jan 21, 2019.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

OP, you might hit up a local flower shop or two about floral delivery for the Valentines spike.

I talked to one yesterday, they pay $6 per delivery. Figure if you can fit 20 arrangements in your Pilot, two rounds of deliveries would be 240, plus possible tips, plus seeing a lot of happy ladies.

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Sorry, without fuzzy camera phone photos, the haut Peruvian Truck Driver is a dude with long hair, who primarily drives OTR and has an intense body odor.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Update, got the insurance straight with my carrier. They only cover app on- no taken calls or riders.
    Uber covers liability/rider. My car/suv is old and paid for w/ high miles.

Today, my highlight riders were:
    2 x Japanese Ballet dancers- low 20's, Hot as hell!
    And, a muslim woman with a 10 day old infant- going to the doctor 'cz the infant wasn't well. she didn't speak good English.

Not too bad, I often get really interesting people. 80% of them are younger hot woman- all colors.

Discuss

4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

@Anchovie, send that pocket camera to this guy. :D

badmoon692008, K51000 and Banditracer like this.
  5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid: Might as well, he hasn't done a thing with it.

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

He's still trying to figure out how/what to plug it into.

7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I think the real reason he was fired cause he set that miniature camera up in the pizza joint restroom. The general manager discovered it and approached & challenged chrome anchovy. I ain’t buying that company uniform/sweat jacket bs.

8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

And where the film goes.

K51000 likes this.
  9. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Please do!!

I'll have to say, I've had some really hot woman as riders. I almost asked the Jap girls if I could take a picture, but I chickened out- what a wimp- they probably would have said- Sure!

Last night, I took a young mom and her 5 y/o to the airport. They were doing disney, and the kid had a competition in Orlando. Hubbie was staying home. She has one hot momma!
    She asked if I had time to go along on her treat? I said no, family stuff, etc. OK, I lied about that last part, but I can fantasize can't I?

10. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Another great Uber driving afternoon and evening yesterday. I stopped around 9pm.

Really hot slender blonde- cosmopolitan like, and a really hot Teachers aide (fine black woman), who had me stop at the store on the way so she could get a bottle of Petron tequila!

I really want to take pictures, but I'm pretty sure I'd be reported to Uber, etc.

I should get a rear facing cam for liability and protection, but I don't have one, yet

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Ass-cam.

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

So, you're staging at the high school?

13. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Ha, Ha, No. If I get a ping and it happens to be a student going to school, or one coming home, I give them a ride. It's only happened a handful of times.

motion likes this.
  14. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Yesterday was interesting. I Ubered from about 4pm to 12 Midnight. I grossed about $30/hr. I cold have keep driving late into the night- at the risk of more rowdy people, and someone puking in my vehicle. (There is a clean up fee charged to the rider- but then I'd have to clean it up - FT) I'm Getting close to almost half of what I make in my profession- C'mon credentialing! My Pilot gets OK mpg too (around town maybe 20?) I know there are is much better, anyways-

Another afternoon/night of some interesting people. The young women (usually riding single), keep getting hotter every day. That's got to end somewhere, they can't just getting better looking every day I go out, can they? LOL I had an interesting LGBT trio that I agreed to blast the hip hop music on the way to the bars downtown also.- It was actually one of the more stimulating conversations last night- pun intended.

At least it's helping to 'make ends meet'

motion likes this.
  15. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Tap, Tap, is this thing on?

Anyways, still Ubering. Main gig now says my credentialing will be complete and set a start date for May 1st? Oh well, me and Uber are going to be buddies for a while.

MOst of the time still grossing about $20/hr. It helps anyways.

I figured out that from 2 of the big Universities here and the Bar scene area downtown, there are usually alot of rides to and from. Could be worse.

Hey, where's my dashcam? LOL

BigBird likes this.
  16. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I still drive maybe 1X/week (either Fri or Sat) to get out of the house, but not reliably.

I studied the payment method used, and it boils down to two things:

1. Your time is paid at minimum wage ($0.1125/min = $6.75/hr), but only when you have a passenger

2. Mileage is $0.6075/mi, so that is about the same as depreciation.

You are basically getting "paid" what you lose in lowered vehicle resale value. But my vehicle is already seven years old and over 100K on the odometer, and I plan to use it until it croaks. So I'm not worried about resale value.

You do get to meet some interesting people; ones that are/will never be part of my world. So there is entertainment value.

17. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

I Uber/Lyft sometimes when I get bored, never a lack of dullness

I've picked up strippers to take to some guys house, I'm pretty sure I've dropped off a Russian couple to rob a house, I've dropped off people for their drug deals.

I went to take a drunk couple from the bar to a house, half way there she decides she wants to go to a strip club so I take them across town. Half way there and they remembered they were supposed to pick up a package at the first house. They get on the phone panicking and they guy said he already left the house and the package is waiting on the porch. It was a box of drugs, but she wanted to go to the strip club more. I get there and she invites me to join them, when the guy gets out of the car he lost his shit that I brought them to a strip club and he would never take his wife there, couldn't seem to realize that his wife was the one that suggested it, not him. He decides he's walking home and I give her a ride home for free.

I'll average $20/hr when I'm actually dedicating time for it. people are either going on a 5 minute drive or 40 miles across town.

18. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Funny how growing up we were warned not to get into cars with strangers.

As the internet evolved we were warned not to give personal information to strangers in the internet.

Now, we use the internet to summon complete strangers to our homes for the express purpose of getting into the car with them.

If you're bored & wanting to make pocket change, use your laptop & a telephone line to be a customer rep for some company needing call center peeps.

20. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

In the 5 weeks, I've taken many sorts of people.
    My vehicle is a 2008 Honda Pilot w/ 160K on the clock.- not worried about depreciation either.

Thanks, read that

Hey little girl, need a ride? LOL