1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any one have any parts laying around for a Moriwaki?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Mar 15, 2021.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Need mainly a front stand and a tach for one. But always interested in extras of any kind.

2. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

I have a Battlefactory front fork leg stand and an original steering head stand from an RS125.. same same. Located in Tucson

Boman Forklift likes this.
  3. assjuice cyrus

What would you want for them?

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Scott did you move back to Arizona or that’s just where the stands are? If I remember correctly the Battle factory ones are really nice.

5. Boman Forklift

Are you the guy that bought that Moriwaki I inquired about over the weekend in Ohio? If so, I’m very happy you got it for your son.

6. assjuice cyrus

No, I got this one out of Nebraska.

7. Scott S.

yessir I did, spinning spanners for ESP in Tucson.

8. Scott S.

just pm me an offer.. they've been following me around awhile.

9. assjuice cyrus

I hate this game lol. Ill start low, free 99...:beer:

10. Boman Forklift

Awesome for you guys. Are you going to still have him ride the RS125? For us the Moriwaki was less work, but I remember another racer dad on here had more problems with the Moriwaki.

if you can stomach still working on the 125 and playing with the jetting, etc. I believe he will learn how to ride better spending more time on it in the beginning.

in my experience it is more work for dad to have him run the 125, especially if you are running against a bunch of other ones which may not be the case now. If you are the only one you can jet it safe and both of you just go have fun. Awesome training tool.

11. Boman Forklift

Shoot I drove out to Phoenix about two weeks ago to look at a forklift company for sale, it would have been fun to meet up again.

Does ESP mean you will be coming out to Chuckwalla, AAA, Willow or Buttonwillow in the future?

12. assjuice cyrus

Actually, if you remeber the RS we got is the one you found and it only has a cr85 in it. But he will still ride that at tracks we go to that will run mini class , and then the md250 in other classes. Goal this year is as much seat time as we can get.

13. Boman Forklift

I remember that one, for some reason I thought you bought a RS125 as well.

The Moriwaki”s hold very little oil, less that a quart, if I remember correctly, so check that everyday. They also have 2 oil fills, ine for the engine which is what I’m talking about, and another for the transmission/clutch.

if it’s stock, IMO they have way less maintenance than a RS125. Does yours have the electric start X motor or has it been converted to a push start R motor?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  14. assjuice cyrus

All stock, and are you saying it has 2 oil filters and transmission filter.

15. Boman Forklift

No two places to add and drain oil. Separate oil for piston, crank, valve train, etc. It’s been 10 years but as I recall that is around 750-800ml and is the one you need to check. In one weekend of racing you can get enough blow-bye from sustained high revs for it to become too low. The overflow goes into the frame and there is a drain on the frame.

The other fill is the oil for the transmission and clutch. For me, it was my first Japanese motorcycle engine that didn’t share the trans/clutch oil with the rest of the engine.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  16. assjuice cyrus

Ok, I got what your saying now. Yea, his cr85 is like that. Crankcase oil and then a separate transmission oil. Good thing is he got a awesome sponsorship deal from Lucas oil and we got plenty of oil for the season. So fluids will be changed every weekend.

Attached Files:

Senna, Razr and socalrider like this.
  17. Boman Forklift

The CR has oil in the crankcase for the transmission and clutch but isn't separate on any CR I owned. It could have changed after I was was no longer running those little engines? The oil for the crank and piston, is pre-mixed into your fuel, because it is a 2 stroke.

I only mentioned this with the Moriwaki, as it was the first bike I ever owned, other than a Harley, which separated the oils. Since it is a very small quantity of oil it is easy to run low. I know of at least one guy who ran his Moriwaki low and ruined an engine.

18. assjuice cyrus

No your right Im the idiot. Not sure what i was thinking. Premix then just a transmission oil, Maybe 3 bike is to much for me to remember all this shit.lol

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Maybe a sticker on the tank...2 stroker!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. assjuice cyrus

O, I know once Iam standing there at the bike. But my brain is here in work mode and not thinking.

Razr likes this.