1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any of you guys ever buy car parts from Rockauto?

Discussion in 'General' started by eggfooyoung, Jun 11, 2013.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Good? Bad?

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

My couple transaction with them have gone well. I got what I ordered quickly.

I normally price match there and whatever $50off$100 or whatever deals you can get at advance auto.

3. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Awesome.

Dirt cheap and at my door in 2 days usually. :up:

You can usually find "Rock Auto discount codes" on the interwebs, google it, might save a few more bux....

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

The best. Same brands of parts you get from parts stores for way less in most cases.

When you order several parts, try and get stuff shipping from the same warehouse. You may have to pay $1 more for the part, but you'll save a lot on the shipping.

5. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

All the time, and what BC said.

6. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

I have used them twice, great results as noted above

7. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

they get all my business.

8. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

On the their site now, 5th order in 3 months. They're good.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

No problems ever. And great tech support if you run into any issues with their parts.

10. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Only for stuff I can't find locally, there stuff is usually a cheaper brand but at times you can save a ton on hard parts that would make repairs impractical.

Advanced and O Reilly's will price match them and you can walk in the store and get what you need.

11. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I'll send the friends I do side work for, there for parts. you can get the same brands that the local auto parts stores carry. That way, I don't have to track down parts, and foot the bill until the repair is done. :D

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Yup, steeltoe approved.

13. supercarl

supercarl AKA The Pool Boy

Awesome site. Ive used them many times and I hear its run by guys that graduated from my college :D

14. gpz11

gpz11 Well-Known Member

Used to but never again.

More than once I've ordered parts from them and got the wrong part or items from closed boxes were missing.

It's not like you can just drive over and get the correct part can you? You gotta wait for it to be shipped out while your project is in pieces.

Also a buddy from work uses them all the time too till they sent out some new but defective parts.

I'd rather buy locally in case there is an issue, I can just go to the local store to get it resolved.

15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Moog front hub/bearing assembly for the wife's car.

$334 each from Advanced and Napa
    $175 each with shipping from Rockauto

16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Napa definitely has absurd retail pricing...but had met/matched rock auto on a few occassions for me. Advanced auto is competitive if you can find their big discount promos

17. tanks95

tanks95 Well-Known Member

use them for plugs for my "race car" great service, speedy shipping.

18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

My last purchase I bought loaded calipers for less than Advanced Autos cheap pads. Well worth the couple days wait.

19. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

I've used them a few times without issue. I also use Partsgeek a lot.

20. yooperbikemike

yooperbikemike Well-Known Member

I bought a complete exhaust for My 4Runner. Name brand parts, great prices and quick shipping. Nothing not to like.