1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any info on current D-Air repair times?

Discussion in 'General' started by Knotcher, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I am considering the d-air suit and am concerned about the reviews that mention month or more turnaround times for repairs.

Does anyone have a different experience with them?

2. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

I emailed them and got this response:

The turnaround time for repairs is typically 2 weeks upon receiving the suit. If there is major damage to the suit and we have to order parts from Italy, it will add an additional 3 weeks to time frame.

Also, we do want to note that these times do not include shipping between Dainese USA and the client.

3. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I read that as 2 months. I wonder if having local repairs done is an option and then ship it for recharge.

4. throwdown

throwdown Well-Known Member

Not sure, I have one that I haven't crashed yet, I assumed a month turn around time so I have a backup suit.

5. Ive been racing in the D-Air suits since 2012, but have never had one recharged.

The first 2-3 I had were ordered directly from Italy because they weren't available here...and now that they are available here, Dainese USA won't touch a suit that was ordered from Italy.

So if the airbag went off, I've just been getting a new suit (I've always kept a backup, so I'd have to replace the backup). I think in total I have about 5 or 6 of them, with 2-3 of them needing a recharge.

I reckon I should go ahead and get them sorted.

6. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

I've had 1 of mine repaired twice now. Each time, one of which was over the last month, took less than 3 weeks total. At our shop we have had 10-15 suits repaired over the last 12 months and every one has been this time frame.

One thing I should note is that both of my repairs needed panels sent from Italy. Both repairs were very cost effective IMO, both under $700.

Hope this helps and I'm happy to answer any additional questions

Greg S and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Is it safe to use in the rain with all the electronics inside?

8. Yes.

The electronics are all sealed inside the back hump. You can't see them or get to them.

ajcjr likes this.
  9. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

After reading the directions it says in lite rain to use their rain cover only and do not use the airsuit in more than lite rain. Which im sure i wont be riding in heavy rain but do i need the dainese rain cover as well? Hopefully i dont need a second suit for the rain.

10. I have a clear Teknic rain over-suit that I wear over the top of my leathers.

I don't know why they say that. The electronics are heavily sealed. Pro racers race with them in pouring rain all the time. I've done track days in mine in a huge downpour and it was perfectly fine.

That might be them being overly cautious as a CYA/liability thing.

You are more likely to crash in the rain...so that would be the one time I would definitely want my airbag suit.

ajcjr likes this.