1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Harley owners out there??

Discussion in 'General' started by Vinnie@proline, Aug 10, 2007.

1. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Only if the tuner knows exactly what he's doing.80 inchers are wheezers generally.TC is the way to go.Better chassis,brakes,and for the lines that HD has to color within to "butter their bread",it's a great bike.

In HD,Shovelheads rule!!

2. lennyzrx

lennyzrx Well-Known Member

I see a older tube framed Buell with a long swingarm run around here alot and I've actually seen his times at the local track are 11:10's-11:20's. I've never talked to him to see what he's done to the sportster motor though. It must be streetable cause I see him 2-3 times a week buzzing around here.

3. WERA872

WERA872 Well-Known Member

I see 160" motors make over 300rwhp on a Dynojet 250 on a regular basis, of course they are not very streetable!

4. DavieStone

DavieStone Well-Known Member

The last motor I built by hand was about 4 years ago for one of my bikes. I did all the work myself except for the porting which I had a guy by the name of Dan Baisley do.

106 Cubes, STD race castings that Baisley ported, Black diamond valves, 620 woods cam, Axtell Cast iron cylinders (o-ringed), Delkron cases with extended oil sump (keeps the wheels out of the oil), Pro-flow oil pump, S&S racing wheels (knife cut), Carrillo rods, JE pistons (cut), total seal rings, Bassinni Stepped headers that I cut and tuned on the dyno and the bike put out 132hp.

Then of course there was the Nitrous shot. The bike's frame would flex and hit the rear cylinder on the down post. I sold it 3 months later after I had to pull out the tools everytime I rode it. :crackup:

I did the Harley thing for 10 years....I'm over it...well except for I'd buy another RoadGlide (luv'd that bike).

5. x1384

x1384 Banned

you aint gonna get diddly with a pc3, you will need to use HD racetuner(if you can get one) or tuneboy. you sure you want to get involved with the hd folks? it really aint worth the money

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

7. davetlr

davetlr Well-Known Member

that is absolute BS. I have used both, the HD race tuner kit is one of the biggest scams they have going. A dealer that knows what's up will sell the PCIII:Poke:

8. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

Mmmmmmm. I wonder if my FZR 600 makes 109? hee hee.

9. Vinnie@proline

Vinnie@proline Well-Known Member

Cool. Thanks for the info guys. I have learned then there are too many factors that can throw a great HD engine WAY off in HP. Stuff like flywheel or manifold matching really make a big difference. I guess the manufacturing tolerances are not as close as many of the sportbikes built these days.
    I would like to thank ROB from SPEED DEMON CYCLES up in Connecticut. He actually was roaming the board and called me to get more info. He seemed like he actually wanted to help. What I learned from the conversation is that I better leave the HD stuff to the HD pros and DONT trust the MAGS or SCREEMING EAGLE #s. Again thanks for the input. BANZAI we could always put some NOS on the beast, but then again???? As for the HD tuner I guess it does IGNITION as well as fuel adjustments. I like the PC stuff as you can tune smaller increments. either way the bikes make about the same with both units...

10. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

Harleys if for puttin around.