1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any good Yamaha techs on here?

Discussion in 'General' started by 50Joe, Aug 3, 2017.

1. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Does the FZ07 have an idle speed screw adjustment? Looking at the service manual it looks like it uses a idle speed control valve that is controlled electrically. I'm hoping I'm wrong because Proshift paddle shift system has an add on Downshift Blipping System for cable operated throttles that uses a mechanical idle speed adjustment screw to tie into. This would allow clutchless downshifts.

2. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I've got a couple dirt track projects in the shop. I'll look at the TB for you.

50Joe likes this.
  3. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

[​IMG]

Robby-Bobby and 50Joe like this.
  4. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

TWF, that screw set up is different than mine but I'm assuming that is where I can adjust the idle as well. I just went out to the garage and my bike just has a simple bolt with nut to lock it against the plate. Any idea on thread size and pitch used there?

5. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Got any progress pics?

I've been salivating over a dirt/flat-tracker FZ-07 ever since Yamaha came out with DT-07 concept......

DirtTrackin221 likes this.
  6. TWF2

Yes, it is different. If you look back in there there is also bracket with screw added to cam. This is what customer did to mount blipping thing.
    I only bore them out and did not do blipping thing so not sure what size and pitch it is.

50Joe and Phl218 like this.
  7. TWF2

You can adjust it there but make sure you don't back out to far to make plates hit bore when throttle closed. There is no secondary stop, probably why they don't put remote on it.

50Joe likes this.
  8. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I know it is 5mm and I think the thread pitch is 1.00.