1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any good suspension shops around the raleigh, nc area?

Discussion in 'General' started by Clay, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Just picked up a used Penske for my son and would like to swap out the spring for his weight if there are any shops around the area. Willing to drive an hour or so.

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

order a spring and swap it out. Takes about 5min.

Does the shock need service? baseline on the bike?

3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

I'm willing to do that too. Seller said it was serviced 2 trackdays ago. I just emailed Thermosman as it was serviced by him. Just figured if there was a good shop close by I could swap out the current spring and get a little credit for it.

VFR#52 likes this.
  4. JustaNobody

JustaNobody Well-Known Member

I'd just deal with T-man , you're better off cause he's the shit

VFR#52 likes this.
  5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

For what it's worth I have a dozen springs on my shelf from doing just that. No shame in them sitting there lol. Just put the old spring in the classifieds if you are short of shelf space lol

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Dave Behrend at FBI is in Hendersonville. Not sure how far that is. Most guys will swap springs for you unless your spring is really gross.

(828) 435-0125

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yeah, and Penske's are easy to swap springs on, you can just back the preload adjusting ring all the way out until the spring is loose, pop out the circlip at the bottom and the spring slides right off. Not like Ohlins or some of the other brands that require a spring compressor to do the job. Penske doesn't hate you like they do lol.

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Not very close, but like others have said it's no big deal swapping it.

VFR#52 likes this.
  9. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

Full Travel Innovations, FTI, in Thomasville, NC.
    Cal Northrop 336 475 2104
    the shop is top notch, he has parts in stock, knows his way around shocks and forks.