1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any English Premier League Fans In Here?

Discussion in 'General' started by Robin172, May 2, 2016.

1. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

LC had an unbelievable run to do the (previously believed) impossible and hats off to them.

2. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

The added time to the end of each half is called stoppage time ( ,most people refer to it as injury time). Time that is taken out of play when a player decides he's hurt or just wants to roll around on the ground. So if a player gets cut and it takes 2 mins to get him taped up and off the field then referee will usually determine that 2 minutes will be added for stoppage(injury time).

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I kept missing the stoppages I guess :D

4. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

^^ also included in stoppage time allowance is substitution time, deliberate stalling, celebrations, etc.

r6fast likes this.
  5. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Well I'll be damned. Mongo's a soccer-football-futbol fan. I'll bring a ball to cycle jam and we'll get a pick up match going. High five?

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bro hugging ass slappers at 10 o'clock high! :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I haven't played since I was 10 or so. Not going to start again now :D

8. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Pie for the winners...

That help?

:D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. I'll go buy myself a pie and skip all that running crap :D

zjay and BigBird like this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

"Mongo! Mongo, put down the ball! Mongo, DON'T EAT THE GAWD DAMN BALL!!! Game's over, Mongo ate the soccer ball!"

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Come on now, there'd be time to get it back out of the smoker.

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I'll bring beer.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and Metalhead, he's so f@ckin' dumb he'd try and eat fire.

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Aint you got a lacrosse stick to catch butterflies with or some shit?

nantahala likes this.
  15. ew422

ew422 Well-Known Member

Amazing achievement. 'Grats!

16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I think its awesome they won. I've tried off and on to get into Premier League - even tried following a couple of teams - Aston Villa and Tottenham... But, I just couldn't do it. Its sort of like baseball to me. I like to be vaguely aware of it, and maybe occasionally see a game, but just can't hold on to the "excitement".

On the other hand, I wish soccer in the U.S. would die in a big ugly fire. Nashville is on this kick (haha, punny) to try and get a pro soccer team and its not going well... All the hipsters and 20-somethings that got participation medals as children are like "move the Titans, move the Titans" to get a soccer team instead. They've even tried shutting down the fairgrounds to build a new stadium, which wouldn't bother me, except, they also want to shutdown and demolish the stock car track... That just ain't right. That track has been there over 100 years, in some form. Every time they make noise about either getting a pro team or moving the extremely amateur league team moved up, they're shot down.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Chris, DC has a fooseball team and they're building them a new stadium and guess what, no one but a few hipsters, the mexicans and the euro trash even care that they're here. :D

Yeah, kids playing der fooseball, I get it. It's fun to play. To watch it, holy f@ck. It's like watching a bunch of dudes in tiny shorts paint a garage.

Lawn Dart likes this.
  18. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Every time I hear "popularity is growing because more kids are playing it than football", I think, "you know what else kids played? Duck, Duck, f'in' Goose... You gonna start a professional league around that too?"

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I always get the "why doesn't america care more about football?" from my Germans.

"Because it's Gay! and you should feel lucky we don't because if we did, you'd never win a world cup ever again." is my standard reply. :D I don't get asked about it much anymore. :crackup:

Lawn Dart likes this.
  20. Is this soccer yall are talking about?