1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any doctors in the house?

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, May 21, 2021.

1. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Am I gonna need corrective surgery? Lost my insurance when my other job let me go.

This is from my accident. The guy apparently only has 15/30k coverage for personal injury.

———————-

TECHNIQUE: MRI scans of the right knee were obtained in multiple planes and sequences on the GE 1.5 Tesla MRI scanner utilizing the following sequences: Sagittal T1, sagittal T2 fat-saturated, coronal T2 fat-saturated, axial T1 and T2 fat-saturated images.
    FINDINGS:
    Axial images reveal normal marrow signal intensity on T2-weighted images. There is a minimal amount of fluid in the joint space. The articular cartilage of the patellofemoral condyle is thinned. There is no dislocation at the patellar condylar notch. The surrounding muscles are of normal intermediate signal intensity. The subcutaneous fat has normal fat signal.
    Sagittal images reveal normal marrow signal intensity on T1 and T2 fat-saturated images. The anterior cruciate and posterior cruciate ligaments appear to have normal low signal intensity with no tears.
    The quadriceps tendon and patellar tendon are without abnormality. Signal is seen extending into the inferior articular surface of the posterior horn of the medial meniscus. The lateral meniscus appears to
    have normal low signal intensity with no tears. Hoffa’s fat pad has normal fatty signal. The surrounding muscles are of normal intermediate signal intensity.
    Coronal images reveal normal marrow signal intensity on T1 and T2 fat-saturated images. Increased signal is seen in the medial femoral and lateral femoral condyle on T2 fat-saturated images. The medial collateral and lateral collateral ligaments reveal no tears. The articular cartilage of the femoral condyle and tibial plateau is thinned. The surrounding muscles are of normal intermediate signal intensity.
    IMPRESSION:
    1. Grade III tear, posterior horn of the medial meniscus.
    2. Contusion, medial femoral condyle and lateral femoral condyle. Correlate with plain film findings to

2. adio1dog

adio1dog Well-Known Member

Yo Cortez, FWIW, I just had a posterior medial meniscus tear repaired. I tried to live with and rehab it for a year. Get it repaired would be my advice. I am in Virginia and it appears that total cost of pre-op doctor consults, and surgery here was on the order of about 6-6.5 thousand dollars. So I would think with the liability amounts that the responsible party has you should be covered. Hope that helps and good luck.

3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Not a doctor, but meniscus tears are difficult. With some tears, proper rehab and letting it heal naturally can sometimes yield better results than going under the knife.

Worst thing you can do is try to do too much, so a good physio should be guiding you. You don't want to end up with built up scar tissue on the miniscus that will make your left a living hell as you get older and the problem exacerbates.

I'd say get an opinion from the doc as to treatment.

4. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I'm not a doctor or insurance agent but I would think your insurance agent should be able to give you some insight on how you may be able to get this covered. Maybe you have under-insured motorist coverage?

5. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

I tore a meniscus about 7yrs ago, and at the same time a buddy did his. He went for surgery and rehab and I left it alone. I think my knee is is is better shape than his is, but YRMV.

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

cortezmachine likes this.
  7. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Call cj czaia ie czaialaw who sponsors Kaleb dekaryl. The guy might only have that much insurance but that doesn't mean he doesn't have other assets to go after....... www.czaialaw.com

8. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I had a meniscus tear and had it fixed with arthroscopy. It was easy peasy. They clean up some ragged cartilage while they were in there. I walked out of the surgery center and had no pain after I took off the bandage cause they had wrapped it too tight. Get it fixed.

cortezmachine likes this.
  9. Dom17

Dom17 Well-Known Member

Depending on your income consider applying for Medicaid/medical if you don't have insurance. Also see if you have underinsured coverage on your auto/motorcycle plan

10. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

PEPTIDE BPC-157

11. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Pour some of this on it and act like a man...

[​IMG]

:D

Sucks to hear man. Get a lawyer and sue his ass anyway...they'll eventually take some $$ from his check to help pay you.

Good luck.

Also what about going over to TJ? Much cheaper down there.