1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any bigger beating...

Discussion in 'General' started by pjzocc, Jun 17, 2017.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

than a 4 hour dance recital???

Been here 2.5hrs.

Love my little girl but oy vey....

bacolmm likes this.
  2. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

My Ol lady tried to rope me in on that one year. I was like "Eff that. Call me 15 minutes before she goes on".

bacolmm likes this.
  3. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

haha a dude behind me in line at the bagel shop this morning was talking to the owner about that exact thing and he was like, "i mean... i love my little girl, i love her, but how many fucking dance recitals can a man take?"

lol.

4. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Yeah I have one worse. My step-daughter was in a competitive-cheerleading group and when she had a competition, sometimes hours away, all the kids regardless of age group or if yours competed at 10 a.m. had to stay for the entire event. Try sitting through 8 hours of that shit! Kids as young as 10 years old. And the music they would use for their routines! It was living hell from beginning to end for 8 hours!

5. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

She's in number 15, 27, and 41 out of 46 total.

I ain't going nowhere no time fast.

I need a bourbon

bacolmm, OldGuyOnBlu and Metalhead like this.
  6. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Oh shit...

Ok you win.

But this still sucks. A lot. I mean, I genuinely enjoy seeing The Girl on stage and performing, but 4 goddam hours for like 9 minutes of stage time tops.

2nd intermission...

pscook likes this.
  7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I had to work a high school musical last night. It's only going to get worse for you.

_indy and Metalhead like this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh yeah, well. . . You know what, you won. Not even close. :D

pscook likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Best wishes to all of you. :D

Except Toe. He has a choice.

caferace likes this.
  10. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

See... that I think I'd be ok with. At least there's a story to follow along with. This... this is a compilation of 46 different songs in 3 minute snippets that aren't interconnected with questionable talent on stage. At least a high school musical has some sort of scouting process.

11. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

(Told the wife I had to poop. Bought myself 20 minutes)

condon66 likes this.
  12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And you still got shot down.... :Poke::Poke:

:D

dtalbott likes this.
  13. condon66

Go with that now and tell her something you ate is really not agreeing with you. BAM!! 20 more minutes!:D

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

So long as the recital ends by 9:45, and he can be tucked in by 10:00.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Is that when lockdown begins at Boystown?

16. condon66

I did that shit for four years!

Dance recital?? PFFF!!

Back then I could have done a 4 hour dance recital standing on my head.......on a bed of nails.....in a 4'x4' room with one meeellion mosquito's.......nekkid!!

Dude should be countin' his blessings.

17. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

I did 4 years with two girls. Your description was spot on. I get a headache just thinking about it.

_indy likes this.
  18. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I will just say I have three daughters. I moved to Texas, so the younger two are cheer/color guard, and there is at least football involved....

19. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

You guys are all pussies..

Just saying.
    And on Father's Day eve?

I don't know where to begin.

motoboy likes this.
  20. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

As soon as she finished her last # we pulled stumps and hauled ass out. Ran home, grabbed the pups and came to camp. Much bourbon was consumed last night.

Oh, and yesterday started with a 4.5hr tour at the dojo, as The Boy is on the demo team and had 2 graduations to perform at, The Girl got her blue belt, her white/yellow in jiu jitsu and The Boy got his yellow/orange in jitsu. Left there to go to aforementioned recital, and en route watched a 72 year old dude (right in front of us) get t-boned by a 19yo dude at about 50mph. Stopped to assist and call EMS, then rolled.

Today I ain't doing shit but drinkin.