1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any barbers here?

Discussion in 'General' started by styles, Mar 21, 2013.

1. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

I went to a shop like this in college twice a month. After about two months all I had to do was call up and say hi Alan, and my barber would recognize my voice, knew what time I usually came in and would tell me what days he had available. It was mostly old men talking about hunting, fishing, motorcycles, and high school sports, and sometimes bringing their grand kids in. It reminded me of my grandpa taking me to get my hair cut as a kid. After the first couple cuts the conversation never stopped and my hair was exactly how I liked it every time, complete with the hot lather and straight razor trim up. I am still looking for another place like that. It turns a hassle into an enjoyable experience. I went to one of those men's salon type places for a while with the private rooms and neck massages and free drinks and stuff, and it was a nice experience, but nothing like an old fashioned barber shop.

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Think I could find a baber to straight razor my head so I dont have to shave as often?

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The hot lather, straight razor on the back of the neck is one of the greatest feelings known to man. Good gawd, it ranks above taking a massive dump on my list.

4. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

I remember as kid the first time I got the razor at the barber shop :) I literally thought it was like becoming an adult.

5. assjuice cyrus

You guys are making want to find somebody around here to do a razor shave. I am young buck, I dont even know if there is anybody in town that still does it.

6. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

You will never know exhilaration until you get a full Brazilian...

7. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

You guys have motivated me. I'm a regular at the local butcher, now I'm gonna find a local barber shop. There has to be one.

<edit> Found one to try.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  8. assjuice cyrus

Wife said it was painful!

9. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

Yes, they do, Its a time honored manly tradition. Go to a barbershop and see.
    the romans had barbers, the turkish perfected the craft, the indians do it. I have never been to a country where i did not see a barbershop. guess the world is lacking real men.

and I get my massages from my gorgeous wife. so to answer your last question..yes, I do enjoy a good massage. :D

gimpy (because of your broken arm) ass. :D

10. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

no you cant unless you are using a straight razor.

go to a barber and see how much closer and longer lasting that shave is compared to a safety razor shave.

could your posts on this subject be laced with any more homophobic insecurities? :D

11. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

IMO every man needs a:

good wife
    good dog
    good barber
    good butcher
    good mechanic

in that order.

12. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

The black guys always have their old-style barber shops. At least they do around here.

13. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

I dont have much hair, so I go the the barber about once every couple of months. I go to an old school Ukrainian guy, not sure if he speaks english, uses a straight blade, pretty sure he knows where the bodies are buried and possibly put some of them their himself. He points to the chair, I say "zero". Love that place

14. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I go to a black barbershop. One of my best friends from HS is a barber there.

man, they make the dungeon discussions look tame.

They talk about sports, sports and more sports!

15. They probably could if i put a lil more effort into them. :D

Im good on the shaving; ill take your word for it. I have a routine and if i went and got one of those shaves and liked it, then i would be fucked and have to do it every day.

16. Fixxered :D

17. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

they shave so close that you only need to go once a week.
    take it from a me, a man who get a five o' clock shadow within 3-4 hours of shaving if i use any safety razor. I even use a straight razor at home now when i dont go to the barber.

18. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I see you porking exhaust pipes. :D

you name your bikes dont you?

19. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

So, I just picked up a kit from www.theartofshaving.com and started using the Merkur safety razor set up.

Takes forever to shave now but I can only imagine how much longer it takes to shave with a straight razor.

How much time do you normally spend shaving? It takes me about 15-20 minutes now and that's going with 2-3 passes of the razor.

So, oil, lather, shave, lather, shave, lather, shave, wash and then put lotion on.

20. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

I stumbled into one and it's like they had never cut a white persons hair before :)

I was happy I didn't have to explain to them what a fade was (numerous great cuts, super cuts, etc).