1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Audi (A6) Owners Here?

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Dec 27, 2019.

1. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

We have a chance to buy my brother in law’s 2016 Audi A6 for $10K. It’s the 3.0 supercharged model and only has 17,000 miles on it. It’s been serviced by the dealer exclusively and kept in a garage when not being driven. BIL takes great care of all his stuff; there’s not a mark on the car. It could easily pass as new.

He’s buying a Porsche SUV (paying cash) and wanted to give us first crack at the car. He could obviously get more for it, but he wanted to offer it to us at a family discount first.

So what say the beeb? Should I go for it?

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

For 10k, I’d buy it drive it for a year and sell it for $12k

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

$10K? Why are you even posting here to ask what to do? Find the cash and get it! That's less then 1/3rd the "retail" price for it.

Unless it's in 50 boxes and you have to put it together, it's a steal.

That 3.0 is a great engine and goes like stink.

stk0308 and sharkattack like this.
  4. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Could maintenance cost be the Op's consideration? That would be something I'd consider with a German vehicle.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Maintenance is pricey (like $125 for an oil change) but no more frequent than a Honda.

But good gawd, it's worth the effort.

If you buy it, drive it for a year or two and sell it, you'll make money on the deal.

6. sharkattack

This, pretty much. I'm a Honda and Toyota guy (although I did buy a Kia once), so I'm used to the maintenance free lifestyle of those vehicles. However, I understand that higher end Euro cars (like this one) have really improved over the last several years and are nearly as reliable as anything else. It'll be my wife's car. She drives about 10K miles/year at the most; she works from home, and we drive my car on weekends for errands and such.
    BIL has an extended warranty for up to 120,000 miles, and a maintenance package (oil changes, tire rotations, fluids, etc.) that covers that for the next 4 years. We can extend that if we want at that time.

7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

First thing comes to mind, is that extended warranty transferrable? One thing from reading these type of threads on the beeb, (although is doesn't really apply to this thread) is to stay away from German vehicles out of warrant unless you do your own wrenching.

Senna likes this.
  8. sharkattack

Yep. The extended warranty and the maintenance package is completely transferable.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Just wander over to his house and drive it. :cool:

10. sharkattack

I’ve driven it when I took him home from having surgery a couple years ago. It’s niiiiice!

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and he's offering you an insane deal. ;)

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

With the extended warranty and maintenance package, sounds like a no-brainer, even for an Audi. :D

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Welcome to Audi ownership, with that price and the warranty package you can't go wrong.

14. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

so this is really just a humble brag thread.

hey guys, look at this bitchin A6 i got for 10k with a warranty and maintenance package!

:D

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

YamahaRick? Check! Sharkattack? Check!

Willkommen auf der deutschen Seite!

16. sharkattack

Thx!

17. sharkattack

Haha! Like I said, I'm a Honda/Toyota guy and aren't really familiar with German cars. I do know that there's no way I'd buy an A6 on my own; I just couldn't justify that kind of money for a car. I'd rather spend my $ on bikes and woodworking tools!

I appreciate the input. Looks like we'll move forward with it. Looks like I'll be selling my CRV. Anyone want to buy it? 2014, 107,000 miles, EX-L edition (leather, nav, heated seats, etc.), AWD, all maintenance records.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  18. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I've driven each model A5-8 as rentals and I gave them all 8.5 - 10. I took off 1.5 points just because Audi's infotainment is awful on the non-prestige models. That being said, it won't stop me from buying an A7.

sharkattack likes this.
  19. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

You’re posting why? :beer:

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

To grease the skids for his go fund me page :D

sharkattack and ducnut like this.