1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antigravity Batteries Super Lightweight batteries

Discussion in 'Other' started by Antigrav, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Antigrav

Antigrav Well-Known Member

Over the last month I've been having quite a few people PM me asking if I am offering the same deal as I did a couple months ago. So I just wanted to throw it out there that from now until January 5th I'm offering a 12% discount plus free Priority Mail shipping on our batteries (within the USA). International I will cover $12 dollars toward shipping. Inside the USA the batteries get to you in about 2 days.

If you haven't seen our batteries you can check them out at http://antigravitybatteries.com
    but please email me at [email protected] so I can give the deal... I will send you an invoice via paypal. Also if you're not happy with the battery for any reason just send it back within 5 days, and I will refund you. I'm confident you will think it is the best, cleanest battery you have seen in this form of battery.

We are one of the companies building the extremely lightweight batteries.. Antigravity Batteries offer a couple differences that we found are preferred. Antigravity batteries have terminals rather than the wires coming out of the battery. This makes the battery as compact as possible, and allows for an overall a cleaner package. But the kicker is we offer a Quick Disconnect harness that just bolts onto the battery too, so you have any type of install option available instead of being stuck with hardwired cables coming out of the battery. Also of note is our build quality.... Super clean shrinkwrap no wrinkles or flaps, thicker battery tabs with multiple welds on each cell. The attention to all aspects of build quality isn't compromised at any point.

Our batteries actually have a new sticker scheme that wraps the full battery but product photos are currently in progress...but all the batteries will bought will have the new style.

[​IMG]

Here are the batteries ready to ship in there retail boxes...

[​IMG]

2. snikwad

snikwad Well-Known Member

PM me price on a 4 cell please shipped to 23464?

3. APCh8r

APCh8r Well-Known Member

PM me a price for a 4 cell to 45701

4. GSXR 1K

what is the price for a battery for a 1K, I bought on for my 750 and love it, it has not missed a beat. My current battery has a quick disconnect plug are the new batteries terminals?

5. Antigrav

To be clear on pricing....

It's FREE SHIPPING to anywhere in the USA until Jan. 5th so you don't have to think about that....

It's also 12% DISCOUNT off the prices until Jan 5th...

So shipped to your door prices are:

4-cell $122 (race/trackday to 600cc) (street use only to 500cc)

8-cell $175 (race/trackday to 1200cc) (street only to 750cc)

12-cell $219 (race/street use up to 1200cc)great all around street/race

16-cell $289 race/trackday cars.... large drag bikes)

PLease visit http://antigravitybatteries.com for more specific details

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  6. Antigrav

Hi I Posted the prices above.... and to answer your question about the terminals ....

Yes they are all terminals at this time... It turned out that I was getting many requests wanting a standard layout because it offers more room in the battery tray for Power Commanders, and some guys even relocate the battery and want it as compact as possible. But I still offer the quick change as a option that just bolts on to the terminals...

The Quick Disconnect attaches on top of battery as a bolt-on Harness now... The pictures shows it can rotate back on itself and stay within the foot print of the battery. ON the older style battery with cables coming out the side you cannot do this since the cables are hard wired. So this just allows more options for customers and allow me to keep the battery super compact.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. upnadam

upnadam Fast x .5

Emailed you an invoice request.

8. gixxre750

gixxre750 Well-Known Member

great seller with a great product. Thanks for everything Scott

9. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

batteries

How long will a 4cell last for

10. Antigrav

Put it this way... a lead/acid battery is said to be able to be able to have 900 recharge cycles. The lithium cells we use (A123) are said to have 2000 recharge cycles.

Lead is effected negatively by a lot of vibration, Lithium isn't... Lead has a very fast natural discharge there for has to be kept on a trickle charger. Lithium does not and should not be.

With that being said you can expect a couple years and I would say about 4-5 with a normal use and good care... but it really depends on use... If someone constantly discharges the battery close to 2v it will be damaged. If they used a cheap old charger on and over charged it to 15v it will be damaged. But this isn't just a lithium battery I'm talking about... This is ANY battery is damaged by such treatment... that is why you see people constantly needing a trickle charger on some Lead/Acids... they are just not really very stable and often have bad cells from the factory. The reason we feel the A123 is so good is because the manufacture process is very stringent. Lead is a free for all with inferior metals used in some batteries and so on and so forth you can't really tell with all the chinese knock offs and corners being cut... you can't tell what is in a lead acid case.

11. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

What's the deal with winterizing with the A123 cell batteries? Battery Tender?

12. upnadam

upnadam Fast x .5

I peppered Scott with these questions earlier via email. Clipped from their FAQ page:

How do I store the battery?

In the case that you need to store your bike for a long period of time, you should disconnect the battery. If you storing the battery out of the bike just put in a cool dry place and all should be fine for up to 8 month possibly a year. The batteries lose their charge at a much slower rate than the stock lead acid battery.

How long will the charge last if the bike is sitting unridden?

In this case it will depend if there is a active drain while your bike is sitting. In the case that you know you will not be riding for over 6 months just disconnect the battery to play it safe. Otherwise you can leave the battery sitting in your bike for about 6-8 months without a problem, But you must MAKE sure there is no mild drain on the battery from an alarm or some other feature! This could drain the battery down to zero which will damage it which isn't covered under warranty.

http://www.antigravitybatteries.com/faq.html

13. upnadam

upnadam Fast x .5

Got the batt today, thanks Scott. Pics don't do it justice, this thing is miniscule.

Attached Files:

14. Antigrav

Very good, thanks for the order. Send me a picture of your installation... you have a 750 right?

15. upnadam

upnadam Fast x .5

Yep, and will do, was just out in the garage figuring out a game plan.

It was 40 degrees in the garage this evening and I hadn't started the bike in over 2 months. Hooked up the batt, turned the key on and hit the starter. It turned over no probs and started on the second spin. Good stuff! Old battery weighed in at 7 lbs, so I saved a little over 6 lbs.

16. Antigrav

Thats really good at 40 degrees especially in a 750 which is about the limit for a 4 cell. Glad to hear it.

17. waziiiii

waziiiii Well-Known Member

if i wanted to get a battery for my 07 1000rr which should battery should i use?

18. Antigrav

It depends on use... for track only I suggest the 8-cell Antigravity 4600 which is for maximum wieght saving and starts the bike fine.

For street or street/track you should go with the 12-cell Antigravity 6900 due to the larger amp hour rating which is better for emergency situations found riding streets and has 360 Cranking Amps for better cold weather starting if you park your bike outside in the cold.

19. kris

kris Well-Known Member

I can vouch for Scotts awesome customer service and product - he rocks!!

Kris - Sydney, Australia

20. Antigrav

OK the deal is ending today...

Thanks to all who bought. I'll be handing the selling over to retailers moving forward... Thanks for getting helping the business off the ground.

Scott-