1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another perspective

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by cinderella, Jan 19, 2004.

1. cinderella

cinderella Guest

If we are all going to Atlanta, it matters not whether we are taking I-20, or I-75, or I-85, or Ponce de Leon or Cobb Parkway or even Lawrenceville Highway into Lavista and down to Cheshire Bridge doing 20 mph the whole way. What matters, in the end, is not the route we take to the destination -- what matters is that we are all going to Atlanta, via the best route we can map out for ourselves, or have mapped out for us.

Of course, everyone will want to talk about how their route is the most direct route, or the most scenic, or the most fun to drive, or boast about how they got the best gas mileage, or avoided the most traffic... that's natural, that's human, there's nothing wrong with that; it gives us something to talk about.

But we still share a common goal, and in the end, our other differences are trivial beside the size and weight of that shared purpose. In the end, all that really matters is that we are all going to Atlanta.

...And, y'know, the party we'll have when we get there. :D

=cinderella, queen of metaphor

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I already feel the flames licking at my tootsies....

3. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

Is that truly what you believe or is that a fervent wish?

4. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Ya know...I went to Atlanta...I don't share your goal. :D

only good thing about going to Atlanta was the mud bugs in Pearl River on the way...thanks Gene. :d

5. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

My pleasure. :beer: Say Hi to the family.

Take Care,

6. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

You do the same...Jeni still asks how Sissy is now and then. :D

7. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

that is for sure Pearl river is a must stop if you are a racer going east.

As to picking ones route to Atlanta you must make sure you get to your destination. One can not take I-10 to atlanta even though it goes east. You will end in Jacksonville and Jacksonville is a lot lower and hotter then Atlanta. I-10 is a better road, takes you to some fun places, and is easier to drive.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2004
  8. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

What stretch are you talking aboot? :confused: We drove I-10 to NPR back in 2002 and vowed to never take that rollercoaster of a highway ever again! :eek:

9. ysr612

ysr612 Well-Known Member

10 is bad but 12 is worse.

beside don't take everything so literal that anology was for hyperbole.:confused: