1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Another) FZR400 - well sorted with a lot of spares - $4500

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by tz90369, Jul 5, 2017.

1. tz90369

tz90369 Well-Known Member

1990 Yamaha FZR400 – bike is ready to ride / race. I've only ridden it 2 or 3 times in the last 4 or 5 years at track days. I've had a 400 racebike at my disposal almost continually since 1994, but it is time to move on. Would prefer to sell complete package with all of my spares for $4500 but will consider selling bike separately for less and sell parts off after sale of bike. Can help with delivery in Midwest. Located in West Lafayette, Indiana.
    See pictures here.
    [​IMG]
    • Engine:
    • Falicon lightened, balanced, knife-edged crank and treated rods with less than 350 miles.
    • 1 mm over pistons/rings with less than 600 miles.
    • Ported head (by a very reputable pro tuner) with fresh valves / seals / etc. - has three or four track days.
    • Stock carbs with Factory Pro needles and rejetted – perhaps a tiny bit lean as it sits – comes with spare jetting.
    • Supertrapp stainless steel header and muffler – and open end cap (loud signature sound!)
    • Daytona Water Temp Gauge
    • Autometer Tach
    • Yoshimura / Factory Pro side cover, ignition rotor and adjustable timing pickup – thus total loss ignition.
    • Custom wiring harness – retains electric start, uses YTX9 batter (comes with two almost brand new batteries)
    • GSXR radiator
    • Chassis:
    • Cut and custom subframe and engine cradles.
    • Currently has stock forks with unknown internals (I think they have gold valves) and preload adjusters (unknown springs) and stock wheel/rotors.
    • Billet aluminum fork brace
    • R6 calipers.
    • R1 Brembo adjustable radial brake caliper w/steel lines.
    • Aftermarket aluminum clipons with titanium bolts
    • Daytona steering damper.
    • Fox shock – Eibach spring – rebuilt by Aftershocks
    • 520 gearing with spares front and rear and virtually new DID chain.
    • Custom TZ250 body and tail – seat could use some work.
    • Spares / Extra Parts:
    • Spare bike – 1990 chassis and engine (runs – bike had electrical problems), subframe, forks, clipons, foot controls, wheels, brakes, seat, tail and tank / cover
    • Standard engine cradles.
    • Engine cases.
    • Custom hand made ramair box (built for flatslides)
    • 400 head with cams.
    • YZF600 crank.
    • FZR400 crank with damaged journal.
    • Factory total loss rotor / cover
    • Yamaha Factory Racing Kit ECU
    • Lots of NGK spark plugs - new and used
    • Multiple sets of clipons
    • BEET rearsets – best rearsets I've ever seen for this bike
    • Radiators
    • Lockhart-Phillips Tyr SoxTire warmers and covers in original box – I never used these (not a single time!) - but the previous owner (10 years ago) did and I assume that they still work!? Some damage to the rear nylon, though I believe that the heating elements are still operational (see pic)
    • Lots of misc. spares – coils, levers, clutch plates (new and used), pistons, transmissions, manuals, sprockets, brake pads, gaskets, fuel pumps, voltage regulators, wiring harnesses, jetting, cables, throttle housing and tubes, etc.

2. tz90369

Well, since everyone is bumping their 400's, today must be the day!
    Seriously, I am ready to clear out the garage, so I'll separate stuff out if anyone wants to give me an offer on stuff like . . .
    1) complete roller with running engine (see original post under spares)
    2) straight forks
    3) tire warmers
    4) BEET rearsets
    5) total loss rotor / cover
    And, I guess I'm open to offers the the bike separate from some of the spares!?

If you or someone you know wants to race a 400, this is turn-key, fairly fresh, and I might be able to help with delivery (3 weeks until school starts up again!)

3. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

BEET rearsets, THAT'S what I mucked up on my machine. I couldn't ID them for the life of me, which meant I couldn't find a replacement set.

4. tz90369

I really hate to see this bike sit all winter long in my garage when it could be getting some affection from its new owner! If you or someone you know is interested, I'm sure we could come up with the right package / price to get you onto the track! I'd be willing to separate the bike / spare bike / spares. Feel free to send offers in a P.M.

5. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Pm me a price for a transmission. I have an 89 with the skipping 2nd gear.

6. rongentile

rongentile Well-Known Member

Send me your contact information or you can reach me at 602-571-6302 Ron

7. tz90369

So, I can't edit the posting it seems!?
    Anyhoo, I need this stuff gone - unexpected life change necessitates a sudden move.
    Read top post and know that you can have it all for $3000 - all spares including spare bike.
    ALL OF IT!!!!!!

Metalhead and ToofPic like this.