1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's funny....I used that Malamute puppy video in an attempt to convince the wife we need another dog.....didn't work:cool:

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Dude they are so damn funny. They are clumsy as hell. When I see them approaching a curb or step or anything, I am just waiting on it, I know they are about to bust their ass. :crackup:

Razr likes this.
  3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I had a Malamute when I was a kid. Awesome dog, a little kid could jump on him and he would just lay there, very laid back dog....until another male dog came around, or any kind of critter, he would go crazy, he ate anything. He was strong for 90 lbs.

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I paid damn near wholesale for mine on the day I bought it. They can do whatever they like.

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

That's how I feel about mine. I was able to buy it without the inflated craziness of the market 6-12 months ago, baked into the price. I had been talking to the guy for over a year, before buying it, so that helped.

7. Venom51

I'm patiently waiting for the right deal to come along on a well equipped sub-compact tractor. Prices are still higher than I really want to pay on those.

8. Boman Forklift

I have a friend in Arizona that sells forklifts and tractors. I can see what my price is on what he has. Are you wanting new?

Who knows he maybe able to drop shop to you, I can do that with forklifts.

9. Venom51

I've been hunting a JD1025r TLB with a 54' deck. I'd like to be in or below the $20k mark and that appears to be a big ask at the moment. Out of the question for new but I can get close in the used market. If it's got a few hundred hours on it that's not the end of the world.

10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

54 feet!?! I knew you were a baller but dayum!

11. Venom51

I measure it like I measure my wiener...

12. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

Saw this thread pop up today, and thought I'd share some recent good news.

Approx. 30 years ago, my GF at the time introduced me to her friend Sarah, and at the time, the most interesting thing about Sarah was that her dad owned a Miata. And I loved Miatas. Still do. I'm currently on my 3rd.

I married the GF 24 years ago. Sarah was in the wedding. Eventually met Sarah's dad and got to see the car every few years when the universe aligned.

Four years ago, my bride's grandfather died, and as we drove to the funeral, I looked at her and said, "if Dr. B mentions the Miata, the only answer is 'Yes'." Two hours later, Sarah's dad walks up and says, "I've been thinking about you lately. Wife says it's time to sell." Without a word, I take my bride's hand and pull her over in front of him. She looks at us both with a confused look, then lights up and says, "yes!"

This Thanksgiving Day, Sarah texts that he's getting serious. Monday, he calls to see if I'm still interested. He threw out the same dollar range I'd discussed with my best man over the weekend. Built Oct 1989, 66k miles, 5 speed, red, hard top, original soft top, 2nd rear window, 2nd set of tires, 2nd timing belt (need to check the records re. the water pump).

Been stalking this car for 25 years. Looks like this dream is going to come true! Fingers crossed!

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

OMG! that is awesome. Love me some Miata action too. People just don't understand.

:fingers crossed:

14. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I had a GF in high school and her Dad had a first edition BRG with the tan interior - I loved that car! I think I missed the car more than her when we broke up :crackup:

KCFirebolt likes this.
  15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

KCFirebolt likes this.
  16. KCFirebolt

KCFirebolt Large man. Little bike.

cpettit likes this.
  17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I thought the story was going a different direction.

18. Boman Forklift

That’s awesome! I’ve never owned one, but would like to some day, based on what I’ve read about them.

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Great story.
    Are you familiar with the short nose crank issue on the earlier engines? It's probably worth looking into while the miles are so low.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Just LS swap it, or even K swap it and call it a day

Phl218 and Gorilla George like this.