1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. This will be the grey color as well. I’d only get one in grey or black.

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

FistFamily? That's inappropriate

Phl218 likes this.
  3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

NBDYCRS

4. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Not if everyone is into martial arts............

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

do it!!!!!

6. Phl218

Phl218 .

Plate:

CUMAHOE

WINGIT

AFFRDBL

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

RS6 Avant, great daily and well sex on wheels for Whole Foods runs

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

JOBURUM

WYFSCAR

9. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

RacingRob, there must be autox events coming up at Fontana.
    What a weird and unusual machine.
    I thought it may have been Jeff Keisel who built it.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    Boman Forklift likes this.
  10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

SMALLPP

shakazulu12 likes this.
  11. Well this was a total shit show. Get to the dealer first thing this am, all happy and excited. Do a quick walk around the car and notice right front wheel seems a bit “off center” to the wheel arch biased towards the rear. Look at left side and perfectly centered. Then look at markings on the tires and the right one is different (same model and brand but not the oem tire like the rest). Ask dealer to throw it up on the lift. Things maxed out on adjustments in either direction to get it where it is. Definitely hit either a big pot hole or a curb as the rim has also been replaced. This wasn’t done through a dealer network and they now have to look into what it will take to replace what’s bent. I didn’t even want to get into how their certified pre owned doesn’t pick something like this up on either an inspection or alignment rack, I just said let me know and left politely before I said something stupid. Felt bad for the sales guy as he already had a buyer lined up for my trade in. Just bad ju-ju on a car this expensive, what a let down but thankfully I noticed it. Looking quickly online just at parts not a cheap fix assuming it’s just the bolt on stuff bent.

12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

So the Town and Country still has a chance?

Senna and BigBird like this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Oh man, that truly sucks.

99% of people would never have known. Good eyes

14. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

15. Venom51

No..Why? I got all your texts. There were also several responses with the details on how I would do it. That in no way makes it the correct way. You might even want to have a chat with a shop that deals with the flat finishes for even better information.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  16. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Ok just wondering. What is a good way to clean the wrap.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's in the thread :crackup:

18. Venom51

The softest approach you can take on the flat or satin wrap is the best choice. I'd grab a foam cannon, some Meguiers' Gold Class and good soft microfiber wash mitt. Don't get aggressive rubbing stuff off of it or you may end up creating a spot that isn't as flat. I know the flat paints suffer from that but maybe the wraps and PPFs do not. I would play it save until you know. No paste or liquid waxes anywhere near it. You'll end up with residue in it that will be near impossible to get out. Use something like like a topper specifically made for use on PPF or some other synthetic sealant but I would dig into the information from the manufacturer about what can go on it. If it was a typical glossy clear PPF I'd be far less concerned but I am working under the assumption the flat sheen is created by texturing the surfac of the material on the outside. That creates lots of little pockets for paste wax residue to drop in and become incredibly difficult to get out.

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Just an FYI, the Throttle House vid jockeys post lap times for various hotrods they've reviewed.
    Guess what was faster than a C8 (GS?) that had been track-prepped by the dealer? Huh? C'mon, GUESS!

Yup. ZL1-1LE that had also been dialed in for track duty.

That's just stupid amazing.

418 likes this.
  20. What’s funny is things like door / panel gaps drive me into a Broome mindset. Considering I also have a Jeep that’s quite ironic. It was one of those “something looks off here, maybe it’s just the way the car is” until I looked at the other side. Sales guy called me this am, said it’s about a $4k repair and will be at least. 3 weeks for parts. Dealership is pissed because now they are sitting on a car they can’t sell (unless they can find a buyer knowing it’s going to be a few weeks and in this market with that car I’m sure they will sell it before it’s even fixed). Just a bummer all around but think they found an SQ8 for the wife so may be a blessing in disguise. Same sales guy who took car in ok trade an previous owner swears they know nothing about it. He’s losing out on a decent amount of money as well but one awesome thing is he didn’t even hint at trying to sell me on still buying it. All he did was apologize they didn’t catch it and promised to have a full explanation from the dealer principle next week as to why they didn’t catch it up front. That’s why I only want to deal with this guy and him only. He even takes care of all our service appt’s for us.

BigBird likes this.