1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Nice car. Looks like a transformer :D

Cmayroe
    trns4mr

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I need a better picture of the car. Is the whole thing wrapped in a satin sheened PPF or is it a flat black vynil wrap? Those are two very different things.

Cavemen drew better pictures than you took with that handheld computer.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    vfrket likes this.
  3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Wrapped in Xpel streath ppf. Roof is the only thing not wrapped.

4. Venom51

If the roof is a flat black decal then keep any waxes far away from it. Once you get it in it becomes really hard to remove it.

5. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

The roof is oem paint which is glass black

6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I would think that would be better versus mine because of the instant throttle response in a supercharger? Interestingly, the new Ariel atom 4 only comes with a turbo and I believe it is 300-350hp depending on the option selected.

7. Good friend and neighbor just grabbed a 19 Grand Sport, 5200 miles. Was his dads friends lease he bought from him before turn in. He got a smoking deal for this market and someone through small town dealer networks he ended up getting $500 more for his 21 Mustang he bought 8 months ago that someone’s deposit had expired and dealer principle is friends with his dad, etc etc. Small town and all about who ya know. Either way I like when he buys shit like this because it is like he’s buying it for us. I took the Vette to the office yesterday, obviously took the long twisty road way to and from and am driving it today. He’s taking my 8 year old Jeep camping this weekend, seems like a fair trade to me :) already did some stuff with HP Tuners and very safe generic map. Through all the logging tune seems to be ok and more important didn’t create any areas of concern. It’s more than enough for a guy like him who won’t push it hard. Still amazes me all the shit now a days you can change, I remember thing how awesome a Power Commander was when I put one on a 2000 GSXR 750 :)

8. Venom51

What we have here is a failure to communicate. Take a good fucking picture of the car caveman. :D

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    Funkm05 and assjuice cyrus like this.
  9. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Maybe I misheard him? It was definitely supercharged though, not turbocharged. He did say something about the pulleys and boost while we were driving, so it's very possible it was upgraded? Like I said, I don't know much about them or the different motors and variants.

10. metricdevilmoto

He's got a few of these toys in his toy box.

Attached Files:

Boman Forklift and Triple X like this.
  11. Audi dealer has an RS6 Avant that came in on trade today, 6000 miles. They ended up getting the Q8 version because it’s more suited for them (must have more money than I do). Had dealer pull the time / rpm logs and things been almost too babied for me. They really want my wife’s Q7 on trade and just over the phone numbers seem to fit. This dealer is pretty straight up with no hiden this or that, sales guy I’ve always dealt with is straight up where dealer is making money. no back and forth “need to talk to my manager” shit. Car makes no sense but as long as I can find the wife something quick I’m going for it. Need to figure out how much tuning, etc budget pretty quick as probably another 3-5k there.

Phl218 and gt#179 like this.
  12. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

If you don't get that RS6 i'm gonna campaign to have you kicked off of this site.

ClemsonsR6 and HPPT like this.
  13. metricdevilmoto

They're huge in person, right? I was pretty surprised. I was thinking they were A6 size, but they're Panamera size.

14. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

there's a guy that works in an office in front of our subdivision that has one. matte gray color with black wheels. Super slick looking car. After the kid graduates and we don't need a large SUV I'll be looking for an wagon of some sort. a couple of months ago was wagon day at Caffeine and Octane. CTS-V's, RS6's, E63 wagons, etc. It was glorious.

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

FlipFlop

16. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

BLKSBTH

SLOMARO

BUHBYE

YUSOSLO

17. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

PEEUP

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Ariel atom 2’s were Ecotec with supercharger. I think some 3’s came normally aspirated, some supercharged and some turbo.

19. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

AJC ZL1

AJUICE

FSTFMLY

20. Much bigger in person that’s for sure. I’ve already driven one and they “fit” me. It’s not my ideal car but it fits me from a driving perspective and just feels right. Totally stupid purchase if it works out but I don’t treat myself enough so I’m going to go for it.

Phl218 likes this.