1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another car thread. Wanting a sports car. Which one?

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 26, 2022.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well now you know my balls have dropped and they aren’t in my wife’s purse. Lololol

In reality it is weird and kinda ugly, but I like it. I originally thought it would go for between $20-30k and that maybe all it is worth, if so that is painful.

But unfortunately too many people wanted this one off goofy thing. I wanted to feel that much HP with that little weight. I’m actually a bit scared and will ease into it, I hope. Supposedly while dyno tuning and working with the motor builder, he claims by increasing revs from the 8k where he has redline set, to 9500 which it is supposedly built for, and increasing the boost to a still reliable level with E85 you can safely make over 700HP?

I blew up my 930 turbo on the drive home when it overboosted while I was doing high speed pulls with my buddy on I-45 from Houston to Dallas. It was at 160 mph per the Speedo, but back then I’m sure the Speedo’s were optimistic. Fortunately it blew up on me and not my buddy. I did a few pulls, we swapped cars and he did a couple and then I did a few more before ka-boom. The waste gate stuck and it over boosted. When I saw the gauge at 1.4-1.5 bar, “oh-shit” it was setup up for 1.0-1.1, I lifted and looked in the rear view mirror to a plume of smoke. Stock is .8 bar.

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Hey if you get out here I will extend the same offer you extended me. :beer:

3. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

It's as close as possible....hell, it's the same motor and suspension.

I'm just busting your balls.

4. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Let me know when you on the track, I will bring American muscle and drive circles around that sawing machine :)
    Those custom things are good track cars. There was Atom locally for sale I almost pulled trigger. Also street legal.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

you have to race it now... so youll live up to your BAT screen name :)

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  6. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

He’s probably had it for 10 years. I’ve not heard any complaints about reliability but I’ll ask him this weekend what it’s been like.

USracer900 likes this.
  7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Watched a couple vids from Throttle House on YT...
    One was a Charger Hellcat against a C8, I was hoping to see a so-so sedan stomp a "supercar". Turned out the C8 driver appeared to be inexperienced and did not win a dragrace.
    The second one had a ZL1-1LE against a Challenger Hellcat Redeye. The Redeye took it in a drag but, holy crap, the ZL1 smoked it by 5 seconds a lap on some paved cornfield track.

There was another vid I didn't watch - Shelby GT500 vs Challenger Redeye vs 1LE. I think the Shelby/1LE battle could have been interesting but the vid was ~30 minutes. Maybe I'll watch it later.
    Anyone care to guinea pig it?

8. Boman Forklift

Awesome Zoran!!:crackup:

The big difference is you know how to drive a track day car. I’ve never done it, but want to. Plus I only hope this thing is as good as an Ariel Atom. That is another car I wanted and in theory should be built better than this thing since they have built them for many years and built 1000s of them.

Will let you know.

9. fastfreddie

FWIW, I've been drivin' the 'Vette in DD mode a little more spiritedly. I was shiftin' at 2750. :crackup:

10. Boman Forklift

Hahaha I still drag race motorcycles, going later this year to race with my 78 year old dad.

YamahaRick likes this.
  11. fastfreddie

Age and treachery...you're gonna get your ass kicked. :D

12. Boman Forklift

By mama? She asked why did you buy something so ugly? I wanted you to get something nice.

What she really wants is me to buy a nice car to go back and forth to work, it’s 88-90 miles round trip, plus wherever I go during the day. I drive a beater 2005 Ford Ranger with 260k miles and just started leaking in the rear main seal. I would rather drive that to 500k miles, if it makes it, don’t think it will, and spend money on toys versus depreciating the hell out of a nice car.

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

Damn.

congrats. It should scare you enough to forget about the GT4

14. Boman Forklift

Hopefully it just doesn’t kill me. The bad thing is a mid engined car is easy to spin out when going over the edge, whereas a front engine is much safer in that regard.

Phl218 likes this.
  15. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

More throttle may not be the answer but it will end the suspense.

HPPT, Phl218 and Boman Forklift like this.
  16. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Barely broken in. Time for an oil change, if you haven't done it already.

Phl218 likes this.
  17. Boman Forklift

True. Unfortunately one time I looped that 930 Turbo aka “The Widow Maker” coming into a turn too fast in the rain as I exited the freeway. We were driving pretty fast on I-74 with my buddy in his vette or Transam, I don’t remember which one he had then. All of a sudden my sister says oh we are supposed to exit University. I hit the binders all was good, turned in and as I let off, she spun and into the grass I went.

poosibly staying on the gas would have prevented the spin

Fortunately we went between the reflector posts on the outside of the curve, and there was no Armco. Went down a hill while spinning and put it into first gear and drove right on out. The worst part is my stupidity could have hurt her.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  18. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Don't mistake that rear engine behavior for something mid-engined....

Phl218 and Boman Forklift like this.
  19. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I hated S2000 for that spin. No warning, you just spin out :)

Clean laps it will do mid 40's, stock other than shocks.

Gino230 and Boman Forklift like this.
  20. Boman Forklift

I heard an Ariel Atom behaved like 930'sor 911's, but I've never driven one. I guess it probably has more rear weight bias vs. this car, but probably not much?