1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

So when are these things getting back in the air in the US?

2. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Chevron should have sued the pilots who parked their 737 on their property without permission...

3. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

BigBird likes this.
  4. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

:D

Boeing Board: Mr Mullenburg, you will need to go up in the first test flight.
    Dennis Mullenburg: Fuq that noise I’m outta here.

Photo likes this.
  5. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Still CEO... for now, no longer Chairman of the Board. He had two paying jobs and now he just has one.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

My mistake.....founder of the company I work for was the same, chairman and CEO, stepped down as CEO and just stayed the chairman ever since.

7. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I think that he is still president and CEO, just not chairman of the board. So, it's two instead of three. I work there and I don't know! Mostly cuz I don't really care. About that, anyway.

Edit: He's still on the board of directors, just not the chairman. So he is down to three jobs: CEO, President, and Director. Poor fella.

BigBird likes this.
  8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Still waiting on the FAA to approve the software fix. Once the FAA approves, they will give it to the European agencies for them to approve. Then they will open it up to public comment.

Once that is all done, they will issue the Airworthiness Directive which will be the nuts and bolts of exactly what needs to be done to the aircraft, and what pilot training needs to be done.

Then the airline will have to implement the fixes to the existing airplanes, and complete whatever training is required.

Then the planes can fly.

Totally politicized.

9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

What's your best guess of when they get back in the air

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

January

notbostrom likes this.
  11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

12. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

That’s pretty normal stuff.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Mostly far east

15. rwdfun

rwdfun

It had to end sometime. It's unnatural the way those metal tubes hurdle through the air. It's some kind of Voodoo magic and it's wearin' off

badmoon692008 likes this.
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

18. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

20. rwdfun

rwdfun