1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Since the video of the CEO is right there in the story, I think it's pretty safe.

BigBird likes this.
  2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Oh, fair enough then.

There are some links I don't bother clicking (TMZ and such...)

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

6. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

Soooooo how do you find out if a plane you're flying on was built in Everett or Charleston?

BigBird likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Depends if it has Pirellis or Dunlops.

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

787 = final assembly in Charleston. Bits and pieces made all over the world. They may now make the wings in Charleston, iirc they used to fly them in on a Guppy from Washington. Main spar box is Italian I think???

9. Trunxgp1224

There's two final assembly lines, one in Everett and one in Charleston. Apparently the Charleston one is so fucked that Qatar airlines will only accept planes assembled in Everett. I know the airforce stopped accepting planes because they kept finding FOD and even left behind tools in the aircraft when they went to do acceptance inspections.

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Not Boeing but the FAA recently, few days ago, grounded all Cirrus SF 50 (small jet) due to.......AOA vane causing unwarranted activation of the stall warning system.
    Seems some bolts weren't tightened to spec...

11. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

12. Trunxgp1224

How much trouble would it have been to certify taller landing gear vs all the engine /wing BS they had to do to make it work? Taller landing gear seems like a easier problem then changing flight dynamics. And they have different size landing gear across the line up, I know the -700 and -800 have different gear; I'm just failing to see the need to change all that.

13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Weren't the tankers made in Everett? I didn't realize they had a separate 787 line in WA. I thought they added a wing line in North Chuck. In any case the FAA has left the assembly inspection process to the manufactures instead of having FAA inspectors on the lines. Fox watching the hen house.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Taller landing gear has to retract somewhere. I don't know the specifics of the 737, but it could be as simple as it takes way too much in terms of airframe modifications.

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

That would require a redesigned fuselage to accommodate the taller gear which means they might as well go for an entire new type of aircraft.

16. Trunxgp1224

They actually have extended it throughout the life of the aircraft line up and extended it like 15cm for the MAX. It's just weird they redesigned a whole wing and engine combo instead of making the required height adjustments.

Actually, here's an article stating the basically redesigned the entire MAX-10 gear just so pilot could rotate at the same rate on takeoff as the -8 and -9

https://www.geekwire.com/2018/boeing-737-max-10-landing-gear/

17. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

My flight this morning.

Attached Files:

SteveThompson likes this.
  18. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

That’s not a very accurate description of the problem.

19. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I thought they were all grounded???

20. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Expound