1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Boeing 737 Max-8 crash

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Most airplanes have a hard time maintaining altitude when there’s no fuel left. Which is funny, because fuel adds weight to the airplane. Weird.

2. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I've always been anti- homebuilt/experimental but I can't stop thinking about buying one of these. I've read every article, watched every video, etc. I'm planning to talk with them at Oshkosh.

[​IMG]

K51000 likes this.
  3. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

I couldn’t agree more! Personally, I’m waiting for one very important NTSB report, and it’s from the Atlas 767 IAH (Amazon) crash-I have feeling that will be an eye opener if you are an airline pilot...

Gino230 likes this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

In what way?

I didn’t know of the crash, until you mentioned it. I just looked it up and watched the video of it crashing. Looks like it went straight into the ground.

5. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Which one is that Carbon Cub or ???

Several of those souped up cub knock off kits out there. That one looks fun

6. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

STOL or GTFO

7. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Buddy of mine is finishing up a build on one of these, it's a just aircraft Superstol, should start taxi tests in the next couple weeks. Looking forward to it. There's a 150 Hp wagabond near me for sale for a good price, too bad I don't have the budget. Got to fly a friends RV10 last week, nice plane, he has two that he built. Second one is going up for sale. Nice to cruise at 180. :)

8. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

That is a Just Aircraft Superstol. I would love a Carbon Cub but it's out of my fun airplane budget. I keep hoping we will get one as a trade-in someday.

ChemGuy likes this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, Boeing just announced after the market closed today that they are cutting production from 52 to 42/month.

10. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

That, and earlier this week, USAF announced, for the second time, that they were suspending acceptance of any new KC-46 tankers due to poor clean-up procedures on the production line. FOD, such as left over building materials and sometimes tools, have been found in areas of the jet that would have otherwise been sealed off.

11. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I prefer to wait for the full report before I go down the rabbit hole of commenting further. Right now the Ethiopians are doling out information little bits at a time to control the narrative. "They followed the procedure multiple times" but no further data provided. Basically they let it accelerate and trim nose down unchecked until it was difficult to recover.

I will stand by my earlier statement that this aircraft, just like the Lion Air aircraft, was flyable. Period.

MGM and SteveThompson like this.
  12. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Well that is a certainly a fully supporting, confidence inspiring assessment of the airplane:

Boeing 737 - Max 8: "It's flyable..." Gino; WERA BBS

:D

Chino52405 likes this.
  14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

That's all you need to know. Gino said it's safe, get in. :D

Robby-Bobby and Gino230 like this.
  15. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

You might want to re-think that quote. Flyable does not equal safe. Proper training and experience however could bring a plane with a problem back safely to the ground. I'm pretty sure that one (or both) of those things were lacking with the crews on the doomed flights.

Gino230 likes this.
  16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I think you missed my sarcasm... :whoosh:

17. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Someone has one on the field where I work, it looks pretty cool. I always wanted one of the Slepcev Fieseler Storch kits.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

ducnut likes this.
  19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

RT News?....

It could be right but...

I'll wait.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Well we know when he'll be back again.