1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another auto paint pro question

Discussion in 'General' started by sowega, Feb 9, 2016.

1. sowega

sowega #710

What should a half-decent paint job cost for something as big as a Sprinter van?

No body work, one color, clear, etc etc.

2. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

3500-5000. Depends on your market though

3. sowega

sowega #710

[​IMG]

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

better to wrap it at that point

5. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Most of the cost is clear coat...and, well labor, too.

6. sowega

sowega #710

I always wrap it, kid. Ain't tryna make no babies for a few years.

Wait.

You're talking about something else, aren't you?

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

yeah...more along the lines of this :D

[​IMG]

8. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

You could do a single stage paint (white) and take out about a third of the cost. It won't have a perfect showroom shine, but it will come out nice if it's sprayed well.

9. sowega

sowega #710

Ha! I actually bought a few rolls of gold chrome to do my Zuma, but then found out pretty quickly that the chrome stuff doesn't really stretch. . . so I plastidipped it.

10. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I don't think something was explained to you correctly, if you think you can get james pregnant...

11. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Probably depends on how well you want it done as well, like in the door jambs etc.. That shit adds up really quick for labor.

12. sowega

sowega #710

Pssh. Ain't no way I'm letting some flatbilling doucher from Shitstain Circle in MY Sprinter.

13. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

All depends on bodywork, prep, and type of materials. I just priced a gallon of pearl blue (two different flavors) for my Chevelle and both were about $500 per gallon in RM Diamont....Then you got to ad in clear.....Diamont DC5335 about $380 a gallon....So thats almost $900 and no filler, paper, primer, sealer, labor, etc....Of course there is cheaper paints but sometimes cheaper isn't really cheaper..

Are you repainting the existing color or wanting to change the color and do the jambs too!

What is your location?

14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I had NO idea it cost that much to pain a car... No where NEAR that I thought. Holy shit.

15. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

1-800-GoM-aako for you people. :D

cajun636 likes this.
  16. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

You damn skrate!!!

17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

18. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

I gotta go cause I got me a drop top and if I hit a switch... I can make the ass drop!!

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

20. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

How can a gallon of paint cost $380!!! Is it because of low demand/production or is it because of the Leprechaun piss used in it?