1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And now for something completely different ...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by gothicbeast, Nov 22, 2013.

1. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

2. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

My portfolio is looking great!

3. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

The higher it goes, the faster and harder it will fall.

Its a ponzi scheme and they gotta sucker in the last bit of people before they yank their money out and laugh on their way to hookers and blow.

4. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

My fingers on the trigger, if I see the slightest anything it'll be a fire sale.

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Stop the QE and the whole house of cards will collapse.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Nah. Trillions of greenbacks being loaded into banks and corporations couldn't *possibly* cause stock prices to skyrocket (and the greenback's value to plummet in comparison), could it?

7. gothicbeast

So what happened to all the hyperinflation that QE I, II and III was to bring about?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You mean all that cash that's sitting in the overseas banks, corporate balance sheets and government contracts?

Have you seen an uptick in lending? Have you seen an uptick in new home construction, new vehicle sales, durable goods sales? No? So all that funny money that's been printed *isn't* in circulation? Hmm, and who would think that bolstering cash reserves and keeping the market starved of cash would be a good thing?

Can you think beyond the end of your own nose?

9. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Its not what happens while the money is being printed, as its not being distributed to the people. Its what happens when the gravy train runs out.

Sooner or later either a. QE is going to have to be ramped up as the economy falters, just like a drug addict who needs a higher and higher dose to sustain the high or b. People are finally going to realize just how much $$$ is being pumped into the system and start wisening up.

Its too late to do anything about it but place yourself in a position where its going to hurt the least amount.

10. gothicbeast

New car sales are up to 15.5 million from a low of 10.4 million.
    New housing starts have been up in 2013
    Home loan lending is up.

In general economic indicators are up, not down like you say.

11. gothicbeast

So if QE does not create inflation, what is the downside. How does the economy falter due to QE?

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

Notice anything?

13. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Yes.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Good for you guys. The only uptick in construction I've seen here is multi-family developments and government projects. The single family home market is still pretty damn flat here, and even the remodel market is slow other than self-funded small projects.

15. gothicbeast

I know many live in absolute fear of inflation. What is the impact of deflation on the economy?

16. gothicbeast

That your chart is for British pounds... are you suggesting we change currencies to the pound note?

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Can we take turns asking meaningless questions?

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Can I be next?

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

20. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I wouldn't be too worried about single family homes being a sole indicator of much of anything, depending on your location.

As the US population continues to grow, multi-family housing will become more necessary. Otherwise our transportation issues will continue to get worse and worse. We need higher density housing to keep the workers closer to the jobs, shopping, entertainment and public transportation.