1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anaheim One SX 2020 starts tomorrow

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 3, 2020.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Quatloos. :D

2. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Huh?

3. 418

418 Expert #59

ac17e809a2302e4309dff943e85f8f13.jpg

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Rupee

5. rwdfun

rwdfun

6. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Record? They were both awesome!

7. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

way off.. zero chance Webb is making that kind of coin.

Dungey, RC and Villipoto (and Stewart as well for at least part of his career) were making good coin with the bonuses they where making. I'd say top 10 450 riders, and maybe top 10-15 250 riders are making good money. Beyond that it's folks looking for a good factory ride. Which happens often enough with the level of injuries in SX/MX.

Racing was decent. I had high hopes for Tomac but when he's off he's off. He can't ride like that and expect to win championships. Look at how Webb won last year. Just get on the podium every time you line up, maybe a 4th or 5th on a bad night. Not a 7th or 8th.

Had high hopes for Plessinger again this year, hoping he picks it up a bit but his ride in the LCQ didn't inspire me. Not on the Webb train again this year. Really hope it's either Roczen or Tomac this year. Both deserve a 450 title after all their efforts. Missing my little french KTM rider (Musquin). Unfortunately I think he's got the Pedrosa curse.

250 class is always good fro some action. :) Frenchie won one last year, Yamaha looks to be the team to beat again in the 250 class but I'm sure Kawasaki has something to say about that.

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Round 2 St. Louis ready to start in a few hours!

Mblashfield, Shenanigans and masshole like this.
  9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Great 250 race!

Mblashfield likes this.
  10. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Roczen!!! (spoiler alert)

Ski

Mblashfield likes this.
  11. 418

418 Expert #59

Great to see Roczen back on top.

12. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I was happy to see Ken win one. Personally I'd prefer to see Ken or Tomac win the championship, but there's a lot of talent in the field again this year, and most are pretty healthy so far.

still disappointed in Plessinger. Step it up! With BamBam running up front, it'll make for some interesting racing.

13. brex

brex Well-Known Member

A bunch of those guys have gotten much faster, good to see. The field is pretty stout overall this year.

14. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Ricky Carmichael has commented in either his TV work, or print interview with Racer X, that things are different in 2020 than when he was racing. He said something like ' there are 10 or 12 riders who have a legitimate shot at winning any race. It all depends on their starts, strategies and luck, on any given Saturday night,' if I recall what he said correctly...

418 likes this.
  15. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah the grid is stacked deep, it's unbelievable.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Good race, but bummed for Adam. And I hope Copper is back to normal at Anaheim 2

17. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

who's Copper?

AC has plenty of time to be on top.

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

[​IMG]

19. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

A2 tonight. I think this is where the wheels come off for Barcia, and the Webb Wagon gets rolling!

20. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Barcia, Roczen, Cooper, Anderson, Tomac, Cianciarulo. Pretty deep field of guys ready to win. Also—Guys with an outside chance like Osborne, Stewart and Brayton. Anybody’s guess.