1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

amusing #2

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by edub, Mar 23, 2003.

1. edub

edub Well-Known Member

as for abortion....coat hangers work the best....

2. pseudocode

pseudocode Well-Known Member

Yeah - no surprise here. The old lefty double-standard: protect the life and legitimize the regime of a maniacal dictator but terminate a life with no voice. Typical.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

When people who are trusted by their countrymen to use them have them rtaher than a dictator. When psychopaths who have used them in the past to commit genocide and murder don't have them. And yes, I think Korea should be next.

Him having them doesn't justify war in and of itself. His use of them in the past, his refusal to abide by the terms of surrender, his refusal to follow the mandates of the UN, his treatment of the Iraqi people - these are reasons to go to war. These are very good reasons to ask soldiers and civilians to lay their lives on the line. And were I of an age to go I would do so.

For that matter this is more like a reopening of the last time than a new war. The US stopped because he promised to abide by the terms. Well guess what, he lied so now it's time to keep going form where they stopped before. Does that make more sense to you?

4. edub

edub Well-Known Member

In that case, we to sould be stripped of our WMD....remember a little place called Hiroshima? What about Nagasaki....granted they attacked first but was it truly necessary to level 2 cities and kill hundreds of thousands of innocent civillians?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The world has changed, thank the deity of your choice that it has.

What was deemed necessary then is not necessary now. The world as a whole looked at those events and didn't censure the US for them so obviously it was acceptable to them to finish a conflict that was obviously going to kill even more people than dies in those cities.

So, try again :)

6. edub

edub Well-Known Member

So your saying the death of those people is justifiable merly because of the times they lived in? No, sorry my friend you try again.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yup, that sounds about right to me. Just as the deaths of all the people who died from the plague were because of the times they lived in (times without modern medicine of sanitiation). We are all products of our times. This is reflected in the way we live, and oftentimes, sadly, the way we die.

8. edub

edub Well-Known Member

I bow to you Mongo, for you have provided the most intelligent rebuttal yet. And without the mindless insults I might add, good show. I do this not because I a maniacle leftist but to show the other side of things. Its unfortunate that the brainless rednecks have to resort to name calling....oh yeah....we are all motorcycle trash though....forgot where I was for a second....

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:) What can I say, I like debating on occasion... Name calling isn't debate, it's useless. Can't understand why if people have a point they want to obfuscate it with insults.

10. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

That usually happens when the oppostion refuses to accept their point. :D

E.G. "If you don't instantly see I'm right then you're a $$%^%$#%*@$%%^" :mad:

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

How'd this thread end up in Rant Central? Oh well, when in Rome. :)

12. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

don't they all ???