1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#Amazonshitcarshow

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Unreliable sources say it's old Rover mechanicals on a custom tube frame.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's what it looked like, old school simple diesel engine, bolt together tube frame, axles and suspension.

I did love the distance shots of it, had all the proportions of a golf cart :D I did wonder after the first issue with front end hop why they didn't transfer more of the weight up there.

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Hoping to snap something in the driveline so they could crawl into the Land Cruiser?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: That was a thought :D

5. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

At least when it started raining. But then I LOVED the fact that John had to get the LC unstuck from the mud. :crackup:

Phl218 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Funniest part for me was watching them set it up and then having the fixes not work in the rain and such - all I could think is BTDT on multiple street cars and there are better ways :D

7. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I would have used those crate lids like Maxtrax recovery boards, couldn't figure out why they didn't think of that. You would of thought they learned their lesson on the North Pole trip.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Some of the distress is for the show. We'd be bored if they figured out every obstacle easily :D

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

The wood from the crates would’ve been better as a roof then Clarkson’s useless doors. But then again, seeing them getting ice cold water in their lap is pretty amusing

10. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Poor Hammond never drove more than a yard the whole trip, and is currently seeking psychiatric treatment.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, just mounting the chute material better would have worked too - pinch it together like Hammond did his wiper blade then mount that to the top of the screen. Also run a cross bar to keep it higher in the middle so water runs off - could use a fiberglass tent pole for that. Hell, a roof made from one of the tent rain covers would be even better, they made pants of them after all so it was an allowed material :D Easy to avoid a lot of the little stuff they did but it does take having a lap full of cold water to think about it. Like the wiper - totally useless without an interior one as well if you're not running side windows, too much spray comes around to the inside so no point wiping the outside.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

And... That's it!!!!!

I really like the specials though, so at least we will still see those for a while.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Damn.....14 episodes went by fast. I'll have to watch it when I get home. Or maybe I'll watch it while I'm killing time for 3 hours in Denver on my way home from COTA on Sunday :D

Phl218 likes this.
  14. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

They have announced a season 4. It will be nothing but travel specials. No tent, test track, conversation street, etc. Just the boys being idiots.

Phl218 and Funkm05 like this.
  15. Jay305

Jay305 Well-Known Member

Shit, they really scared me on that one. For a moment I thought it was done.

Rebel635 and Funkm05 like this.
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It definitely seems to be the winning formula. Although I do like the occasional test of the latest hypercar.

Phl218 likes this.
  17. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Every current segment deserves its place in the show, the only thing missing is inviting guests on and have them do a lap in a Subaru BRZ.

18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That's going to suck. Most specials are stupid. I always preferred the original formula where the trash the shit out of a hypercar on track.

19. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Clarkson really had me freaked when he started crying. Still can’t figure out why so much of a response out what is, essentially, just changing up the format of the show. Looking forward to it, though. Always have loved their specials. Curious how much cost plays in? Trashing all those super cars on track had to have cost a pretty penny. Their specials tend to be done more on the cheap.

Coors75 likes this.
  20. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

While watching it I realized it was the end of an era...grew up with those guys...glad to see they’ll still do specials.