1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#Amazonshitcarshow

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Jan 18, 2019.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I was actually hoping for a 959.

2. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Can't go wrong with the 959, that car was a beast and could probably wipe the floor with the Testarossa and maybe even the Countach as well.

DrA5 likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

Prospect likes this.
  4. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Abbie has pretty eyes. Thats all I got.:D

DrA5, Rebel635 and Phl218 like this.
  5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Hence why when they said Best car of the 80s I thought it might make an appearance. Although I feel like I’ve heard them make references to the ferraris and lambos of that era before (on tg and gt) but not sure if i recall them ever even mentioning the 959

Phl218 likes this.
  6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

They sure did....on the old Top Gear

Prospect and Phl218 like this.
  7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Finally got to the James May short on the Moon Landing/Astronauts. Probably the best 5 mins the show ever did. Reliant Robin included.

8. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I've gotta say, the historical racing stuff the boys are doing now is awesome. The Lancia rally episode was incredible. At work my showings have taken off and people are loving it. Yesterday I showed the Jim Clark episode and it had a big impact on people around here. I've got e-mails coming in today with people talking about how awesome it was. One of my coworkers childhood hero was Jim Clark, he was like a little kid he was so excited to see it.

Next I'm going to show the last episode with the 917 Gulf Porsche history. Seeing Dicky Atwood drive the car again and do some friendly race laps against a modern Porsche was freakin awesome!

In some ways, they are doing their best work with the new show. These historical segments are unbeatable.

bwhip, Phl218 and Prospect like this.
  9. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Couldn't agree more, the Stratos segment was especially fantastic.
    That old 917 is a phenomenal beast to this day and so is Mr. Atwood.

blkduc likes this.
  10. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I could have watched that 917 segment for hours..........really would have loved to hear them talk about the Turbo Panzer 917/30 in Can-Am.........or at least a brief mention.

Watching the look on Atwood's face when he was driving that car put a smile on my face a mile wide, though.

bwhip, blkduc and Phl218 like this.
  11. Phl218

Phl218 .

Gobi desert.

Survival of the fattest :crackup:

12. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Pretty good episode. That little beast of a 4x4 was impressive. The axle hop was awesome.

Phl218 likes this.
  13. blkduc

My wife and I did a lot of laughing at this one...damn good!

14. sicc

sicc Well-Known Member

my favorite episode of top gear was probably the motorbike trek thru... vietnam? this one was better. it was genuinely funny, didnt have the obvious set up jokes like all episodes have.

NemesisR6, cha0s#242 and britx303 like this.
  15. blkduc

IMO that was the second most hilarious thing they ever did next to the Reliant Robin crash skit.

16. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Yep......the vietnam motorbike tour is right up there for me too as one of my personal fav's. But being a long time 'yota hilux driver/fan myself,I loved the north pole special a few years back even more. Still havent had the chance to see the latest GT yet...........but the lads haven't really missed a mark so far.Still love watching what they put out.

17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That's the only special episode I actually enjoyed. It really made me want to hit Vietnam and cruise around on a scooter.

18. NemesisR6

Mongolia episode was awesome. Checked off all the boxes to what make a special episode great. Incredible, little explored locale. Great moments of comedy and levity. Interesting challenges. Vehicle with "personality."

"John" is going to go down in history with the bulletproof Hilux as one of the most memorable vehicles ever to feature on the show.....

mike574 and Phl218 like this.
  19. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

That pogo'ing up hills even had my wife cracking up!! Why was it doing that? The damping no good on the suspension?

BTW, what was that thing and is it possible to buy one? :D

20. NemesisR6

Probably a combination of the weight distribution (engine was a mid-layout, and notice they didn't have any issues going backwards) and the suspension, which was a very simple leaf setup.

I, too, was AMAZED at how capable it ended up being, and that there really wasn't a single major mechanical issue despite some very punishing terrain.