1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

#Amazonshitcarshow

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Meh, the Columbia special was forced and barely funny. This shits getting old.

The first episode was a lot better.

DrA5, cha0s#242 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  2. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I feel the exact opposite. I get bored watching them just drive stuff. Like in the first episode. I enjoy when they have to find and modify something to achieve a task. I agree it can be a bit forced, but Clarkson looked like he genuinely ducked when James threw that rock at his jeep.

Funkm05 likes this.
  3. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Even on the rare occasion when it ever seems a bit forced or silly, it's still better than most anything else on television. I always find it extremely enjoyable and entertaining, and I miss it in the long breaks between seasons. The chemistry between those three is incredible.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The specials totally suck. They should stick to driving the living crap out or supercars on track and I'd be happy. I just don't see the humor in three old fuckers building idiotic vehicles then submitting them to a series of tests and doing the same old boring jokes.

5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Episode 1 was pretty good. I am amazed by the Mclaren lap time.

I never liked the travel specials, so episode 2 I watched half and dropped, didnt even try episode 3.

6. Rebel635

You think the Columbia special was good?

Go and rewatch the Bolivia special Top Gear episode from 2009 then watch the Colombia special.

They are trying too hard and it shows.

Phl218 and DrA5 like this.
  7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Yeah, the Columbia special was probably the worst of them all.

8. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

The Bolivia special was a great special. I still think they are trying hard to top their old Top Gear shows. I'm glad they no longer try to make undercut references about Top Gear like a jealous ex.

Even the first episode from this season doesnt hold much water to their old "trips." Season 10, Episode 1 when they travelled Europe with a GT3 RS, Gallardo Superleggera and Aston Martin Vantage N24 trying to find the best driving road set the bar that they haven't been able to reach.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I agree that its still better then anything else on TV these days. I struggle to find something worth watching. Even the wife enjoys the shows. The chemistry between the three of them really makes the show. Plus where else are you getting an up close honest feedback about all types of super cars. I loved that they did the American super cars.

10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

For whatever reason, the episode they did where Jeremy had the meat car that infuriated PETA always sticks out in my head and I chuckle.

[​IMG]

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

:confused:

who wants to see people drive cars on a car show? :Poke:

12. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

I feel like there are TONS of shows/youtube channels about watching people rate/drive super cars but not so many where they try to drive homemade stuff on goofy tasks. But I appear to be in the minority here and that's OK too. :beer:

13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Their feedback is everything but "honest". Obviously entertainment is their first goal... with honesty way down the list. They'll say pretty much anything for a good laugh or (in the case of Clarkson) to spark some controversy. Seriously, most of their reviews are completely idiotic. But I love them because of the production quality and because they are one of the few that actually drive the shit out of the cars.

BigBird likes this.
  14. Rebel635

Check out motor trend on demand. Roadkill, Roadkill garage, tons of awesome shows on there.

15. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Roadkill is great. When I first started watching it I was suspicious, but Freiburger and Finnegan do some cool stuff (with cars). The episode where they drove the '68 Ranchero to Alaska was great!

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

I will always love that episode where they tried to kill the Tacoma or whatever Toyota Pickup truck

17. Rebel635

Hilux

BigBird likes this.
  18. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Well, I think its fairly honest. Unlike the sport bike "review" team of ex-racers who magically favor their Ex race manufacture the most when reviewing all the bikes. The timed lap is the most honest ranking I have ever seen. One driver, one track, no bias. Only negative is they still do the timed lap when the conditions arent favorable. If these guys dont like something about the car they are reviewing, they state it.

19. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

But it's England. Perfect laptime conditions are rare.

I still love watching these guys. I don't care what they are doing, it's always entertaining to me and the wife. Today at work I did a screening of S3, episode1 and invited a bunch of people. I got one of our big meeting rooms and showed it on the big screen, BYO Lunch. It was a huge hit and some of the people have never even seen Top Gear so I got some new people hooked. It was so popular, everyone wants to do it on a regular schedule. So I think I'll do this bi-weekly.

20. Kolbe

Kolbe Well-Known Member

I need to come work with you. That sounds awesome.

BigBird and blkduc like this.