1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Firestick

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyE, Dec 11, 2018.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I have a tiny Ruku TV, w/out any prescription services. I can only watch You tube.
    Someone told me about firestick, and jailbrake firestick (all the channels).
    I see them online for about $75. Is this legal? I want tv channels, but dont want to break any laws. I would like to watch moto racing/etc. I am not tech saavy.
    thank you

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The search for the unicorn continues.

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. SpeedyE

haha......illegal. Thank you sir! :)

[​IMG]

4. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

The Roku you should be able to get channels to watch a lot of programing. Do some goggling on it and set them up in your Roku.

As for the jail broke stuff, not sure where your liability would fall, more than likely on the people providing the programing.

SpeedyE likes this.
  5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

There's tons of content on roku. hell even the roku channel gives you free movies and shows!

SpeedyE likes this.
  6. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I live under a rock, actually it's a snow bank.

WTH is a Roku TV?

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

It’s an app that some Smart TVs have or you can get a little attachment that plugs into your tv that will run The software on it and use your internet to stream media through it onto your TV.
    Imagine if Netflix came out with their own little gizmo to plug into a tv....

8. thrak410

A tv with Roku software built-in.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, have one in the RV, love it the rare times I can get wifi at a track. The firestick won't do anything the Roku app won't do, you need to explore Roku more before buying anything else. A ton of free content on there.

SpeedyE likes this.
  10. SpeedyE

Thank you :)

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And contrary to what the assclowns at "Roku Customer Service" say, you can get a Roku account set up without giving them your credit card info.

SpeedyE likes this.
  12. minman26

minman26 Well-Known Member

I have a jailbroken firestick. You can youtube how to do it. At first it was Exodus and then something else, then something else. It seems Amazon or whomever has caught on and fairly quickly shuts down whatever app is streaming the content. It was nice while it worked, quality was hit or miss, but you could watch movies still in theaters or pull up some old TV show from the 90's. Got sick of trying to find what actually works.

Someone with more insight might know the hot new app to use.

Don't think you'd find races on the firestick either (at least not the jailbreak apps). The TV library is by show and I never saw any racing on there.

SpeedyE likes this.
  13. SpeedyE

TY!

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Color me skeptical...

15. SpeedyE

subscription services! LOL

16. thrak410

17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I got a Roku stick for my TV, and told Verizon to shove their almost $200/month bundle.

I get 75/75 internet from them for $60/month and $25/month for SlingTV. Don't really miss any of the channels I had that Sling doesn't.

I never plugged a phone into my Fios phone service...don't miss paying for it.

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. thrak410

You’ll love the ‘vibes’ station on Pluto... it’s mesmerizing :clap::D;)

SpeedyE likes this.