1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon delivery service partners

Discussion in 'General' started by Stumpy, May 14, 2019.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy apprentice

2. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I have a close friend that owned a logistics company that dealt with Amazon. They broke him in the end. I'll ask but I'm sure he would be willing to talk to you.

ducnut likes this.
  3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Seems like a pretty slim margin. I'd guess this is 20 vans. A million dollars in revenue but only $75k in profit? That's A LOT of operating expense.

Amazon Van.JPG

michaelrc51 and BigBird like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

This doesn't look that appealing

upload_2019-5-14_10-15-1.png

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

OK, then...me and @ryoung57 on the same page here at least

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Startup costs as low as 10k yet those are estimates for operating 20-40 vans? WTF???

7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Twenty $500 dollar cash down payments on 20 van leases.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

And if Amazon decides to go in a different direction....

sdiver and BigBird like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That would also explain the income vs profit disparity :D

10. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

75k proffit per million of revenue? While some may jump at the chance to make 13%. Thats just too much headache for that little payout.

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

13% might be palatable for some. They are talking 7.5% margin here......at best.

Don't see who would be willing to sign up for that, but a sucker is born every week.

ducnut and BigBird like this.
  12. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

In the full-truckload business, THEY PAY SHIT.....like ~$1.40/mi. Essentially, you’re paying them to pull their trailer. There’s nothing good about working with Amazon, just like there’s nothing good about working with Walmart, Menard’s, etc. But, eventually, someone somewhere will eventually pull their cheap freight.

michaelrc51 and BigBird like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Welcome to motorcycle roadracing - I'd absolutely flat out love to make 75k profit some year :crackup:

noles19 likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There used to be quite a number of people trying to do this in my area but then some larger companies came in and took it. First is was some odd ball delivery company (EZ ship or some shit). Next came a larger company and They ran vans all marked up as Amazon. You are seeing less and less of those vans and it seems like Uber and lyft drivers picked up some of the slack.

Just watching is passively from afar it seems they churn and burn through people and companies.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    BigBird and ducnut like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I just had a slightly beater Ford cargo van drop stuff off, sometimes its sprinters or the newer transits. None are marked, basic white rape vans, none new.

16. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Last summer I had an Amazon van try to turn around in my front yard after I had gotten 2.5" of rain in 24 hours. He was stuck there for about 4 hours.

And the package he was delivering wasn't for me.

17. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Coming soon to a facebook page near you. The scentscy, tupperware, essential oils, pampered chef and cloth diaper selling moms who also deliver amazon prime. in their minivans.

badmoon692008 and ducnut like this.
  18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

This, they'll just bleed ever nickel they can out of you then throw you away.

BigBird likes this.
  19. seroj

seroj Well-Known Member

I really looked into this about 6 months ago and decided the same thing - way too much hassle for way too little $.

20. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

It wouldn’t be such a slap in the face $$ if you didn’t know exactly just how profitable Amazon was, or Walmart, etc.