1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days

Discussion in 'General' started by stickman, Jul 21, 2007.

1. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days is next weekend at mid-ohio. I was thinking of riding out there and was wondering if any of you guys have been, and if it was fun. Any advice on what to see, where to stay, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. The search function doesn't seem to be working here at the moment.

2. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Its endless, google ahrma and the Mid-Ohio track site, take a scooter with lic, its a big place. Vintage motox, roadracing, BOT, supermono, flat track, Will Stoner swap meet, Camping on site.

I'll be racing BOT3 on my Aprilia SXV:beer:

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Vintage MX and swap meet are not to be missed. The racing is is always fun to watch and the paddock is open to everyone. camp in the shade if you can. it gets brutal hot and humid there usually.

4. honcati

honcati Well-Known Member

I'll be there racing in BOT F3 on my Duc 750SS and in BOT F2 on a Guzzi V11 just for fun.

5. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

sage advice

Lizard is givine good advice.

(1) A scooter is a big plus and it DOES NEED PLATES. Any bike plate should do. I had my old Honda SL 70 with 1972 tags.

(2) Most of the police that they use there are inbred. I have never had a problem but have heard of many war stories. One that I read a few years ago in RRW or CN of Kevin Schwantz and his g/f/ (wife?) getting busted at mid ohio for no tags on the pit bike. (any one have a link of that story).

I'll try to post a few pics if I get some time (if I get through all this algebra). It's a great time.:up:

6. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

I'm there racing BOT Open 2 stroke. See everyone there.

7. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

Thanks for the info guys. Will probably head out there to spectate. Looking forward to it.

8. limy_1

limy_1 Crash Starter

I will be out there working race control.
    I will be taking some time off on Saturday & Sunday to go
    sidecar racing. Look for #24, I am the monkee :wow:

9. cyclenut

cyclenut Well-Known Member

Sidecar racing is great. Can you throw my hat into the ring if anyone else needs a monkee for Sunday....I'm only racing on Saturday :)