1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days 2017

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, May 3, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wade Parish likes this.
  2. guidout

guidout Active Member

looking at the schedule I don't see B class races and there are C class races both on saturday and sunday...is it correct?
    thank you

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes that is correct. We don't have enough time for all the classes so we picked the most popular ones.

4. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Will gridding be done per WERA standard this year? ie - by points?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For our classes yes, for VMD stuff no.

JJJerry likes this.
  6. guidout

guidout Active Member

ok thanks for the clarification.
    So will they count as 2 races? So points will be assigned twice?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. One set of points each day.

guidout likes this.
  8. guidout

guidout Active Member

another newbie question:
    they told me that this is going to be a big event with lots of spectators.
    How does it work for us? Meaning, (assuming I'll be able to fix my bike) I get there on Thursday night and pay at the gate like usual?
    And what about people with me, like fiends, do they just pay at the gate like me, or do they have to buy tickets online?
    thanks,
    Guido

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You can buy them online too - the gate fees are the same for everyone, there isn't a different one for rider crew. There is an upcharge for hot pit access for crew but there really isn't much a need for it - for hot pit the crew does need to be an AMA member as well.

Anyway, online I think might be cheaper and you can get them at Mid Ohio will call. There's no fee for camping for racers in the paddock but there is for fans.

10. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

Another way to piggyback on what Mongo said...

My understanding is that you have to pay the regular ticket price like anyone else for *entry into the event*. Racing or not, you need a ticket to get in. That's universal. That is your access to VMD and gate fee kinda all wrapped into one. As a racer, camping in the paddock is allowed and you aren't charged for that. Anyone else in your entourage not staying with you will have to pay for whatever they have for their accommodations, per the fee schedule by Mid-Ohio.

Someone straighten me out if I am off base, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works. You can order tix ahead of time or get them at the gate, whatever floats yer boat.

11. HEF211

HEF211 Well-Known Member

When does pre-registration close?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For Saturdays races this Sunday at midnight, for Sundays races it's Monday at midnight.

HEF211 likes this.
  13. bneveu

bneveu Member

Will there be tire vendors there? (I assume yes, but just verifying)

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep.

15. i-Zapp

i-Zapp Member

sorry for dumb question, but according to the schedule in the link above for FRIDAY, when does MW practice (V7 MW)???

1) Pre-War, Class C, 125 thru 350GP, V1
    2) V2 thru V4, 500GP, F-500, F 2-stroke
    3) Lightweight Expert & Novice
    4) Sidecars
    5) 600cc Expert & Novice
    6) 1000cc Expert & Novice

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

V7 MW will go with 600's - expert or novice will depend on the rider. If the bike is too slow to be comfortable then we can go with LW too.