1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMA Vintage Days Tickets

Discussion in 'General' started by jschuster2, May 29, 2019.

1. jschuster2

jschuster2 Well-Known Member

Advance ticket discount for AMA members until June 8.

Sabre699 and JBall like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good reminder, thanks!

jschuster2 likes this.
  3. jschuster2

jschuster2 Well-Known Member

4. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

Do we have to buy tickets? and how does camping work? This is my first VMD.

5. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Free camping. In previous years you had to buy tickets to the event even if you are racing.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well - free camping if you're racing and camp in the paddock. Out in the camping areas they charge.

90kacoupe likes this.
  7. joec

joec brace yourself

I've slept on the floor in the garages.

8. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Got tickets for Saturday to watch. Pisses me off that I won't be racing at a track 75 miles from home, but I just can't justify spending over a grand for 4 sprint races.

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Really? I could have sworn it was free out in the tent area by the MX track and the woods along the back straight. We camped there every year for a long time. Come to think of it though... we always just showed up to where all our buddies were camping and hung out all weekend so someone may have paid for it.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would it be a grand for four sprints? Entry fees for 4 classes would be $330. Another hundred if you run practice all day Friday.

You'd get to race 75 miles from home in front of more people than most if not all Pro races in the US right now...

5axis likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Could be, I'm assuming paid because all of those sites are assigned so you definitely have to check in somehow/somewhere.

12. Tristan

I'm showing $150 for Friday, so that plus the entries is $480. You forgot the $400 set of tires (assuming I can get away with one set). Add in gate fees, fuel and minor incidentals and we're easily past $1K. Racing in front of a bunch of people isn't a selling point, I'd go race MotoAmerica if it was. I choose to spend my modest budget doing all the endurance races I can, and since I just got my WERA lifetime card I'll do one or 2 sprints at those weekends. It helps that I've got plenty of trophies and plaques from there already. I'll be back, just not this year.

13. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

If you cant get away with running 1 set of tires at mid ohio for the weekend something is very wrong.

5axis likes this.
  14. Tristan

it has been known to rain there...and unlike some- if I'm there already, I'll be racing in the rain.
    And it's entirely possible something was wrong with my bike the way it's gone thru rear Pirellis... we just had the shock rebuilt so hopefully it's better. We also discovered that the random throttle tube I installed after my Grattan 2017 crash wasn't allowing full movement and resulted in a whopping 62 HP all last season. Once a real mechanic (JD) got ahold of it we're back up to the standard clapped out SV 70 HP.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Where are you looking? Normal WERA fees are not VMD fees. You already have tickets but yeah, a race weekend isn't as cheap as spectating :D

16. Tristan

on your online entry form

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Doh - it went up. Sorry about that.

18. Tristan

well, I didn't burn up my tires at Pitt... so I signed up for 3 races Saturday at midO.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: Yeah, kind of hard to burn a lot of tires at PIRCC unless you stayed on rains all day Sunday :D

20. Tristan

Actually did both races sunday on the rains...it was early enough they didn't get chewed up too bad. I was able to beat 50% of my competitors in that one (got 2nd of 3 guys). The 'Stones (slicks) we ran for the 4 hour could have done 12 hours in those conditions.