1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I Crazy For Considering Moving to Los Angeles?

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Jan 25, 2020.

1. brl0301

brl0301 Well-Known Member

2. brl0301

https://ktla.com/news/california/ov...released-early-due-to-covid-19-officials-say/

sounds like a great place for law abiding citizens. This is just the tip of the iceberg too when it comes to insane criminal justice reform( aka saving money) at the expense of public safety. As someone who sees and deals with it first hand on a regular basis, I can tell you its a real issue

3. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I'm not going to get all dungeon-y to respond, so I'l just continue to laugh and shake my head at your comments.

Just curious why you haven't packed your bags and left if you feel like LA is turning into such a shithole?

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I doubt he lives there

5. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

According to his recent posts he does, so I'm dying to know what's trapping him here :rolleyes:

noles19 likes this.
  6. brl0301

i would be more than happy to leave this place, but family keeps me here (to keep it simple). I guess its easy to bury your head in the sand when all the bs doesn't directly effect you. That's how we end up with so much stupid ass legislation. Stupid people with good intentions who never have to deal with the actual consequences of the dumb shit they vote for. So keep running this place into the ground until it actually starts to screw up where you live and then flee to somewhere nice where you can start the process again.

tony 340 likes this.
  7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Last year and the year before... we were sitting on the 5 in bumper to bumper traffic on an early Friday afternoon...towing a trailer so it was even more fun pumping the brake pedal
    We got passed by 2 groms and what looked to be a 150cc scooter. So it doesn't have to be some 150hp monster.
    I would probably run case guards and that ride on sealant since the debris tends to wash towards the white lines. Id have my favorite accident attorney on speed dial. Just about every bike commuter Ive known living in the LA area has gotten some kind of insurance settlement from errant drivers. Of course that's a perfect solution for bike enthusiasts... regular caged citizens can suffer. :D

Razr, SLLaffoon and OGs750 like this.
  8. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

This got me thinking (I know, don't hurt myself...). If NYC can stop incoming traffic for their purposes, I wonder if we can do the same thing? Since the Corona is quasi political football anymore it would easy to check for bumper stickers of the wrong persuasion.....:D

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Quasi?

10. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My attempt at not making a purely political post.......:beer:

11. brl0301

Good luck with that, youll just be labeled as a bigot for not buying into whatever they are selling

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Our hood was south Orange County... Dana Point. For the last 3-4 years or so, the tweakers have had the run of the place. They steal everything in sight. Starbucks along PCH are havens for them to sleep on the chairs and floor and get free ice waters.

We're outta there now with no plans to return. Los Angeles makes south OC look like Shangra La.

Tj Hunter likes this.
  13. brl0301

GTFO with your actual first hand experiences, that's not what were looking for here. The politicians say its great here, just ask London Breed

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I was up in the Westwood area a few months ago for half a day. There was a constant stream of emergency vehicles running around with lights and sirens. I'm wondering, WTH is going on around here? Started to pay closer attention... most of the emergency action I saw was for overdoses on the sidewalk, gutter and the middle of the road. I mean, lots of them. I guess the fire department is obligated to go to these scenes when someone calls 911. I was absolutely dumbfounded.

15. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I just moved back to DTLA. Crime is up astronomically. All the “regular” people are staying indoors and the millions of daily visitors from the suburbs are no longer because of covid. Most businesses in the historic core are boarded up from the riots. I am one block from skid row. most of the historic core has been overrun by the poor and homeless. And because of a lawsuit by the aclu, homeless people’s sidewalk encampments and junk buildups are no longer allowed to be removed by the city. The place is scary. I love it. It reminds me of the downtown LA of the 80’s. I lived here way before it started getting gentrified. No one fucks with me anyway. (Shrug)

50% of all businesses have closed permanently because of covid. I will be in a prime position to take advantage of the cheap rents for businesses once all this ends. I’m gonna get a bar. Or a small lounge. Most of them have closed permanently.

Homicides are way up. And something like 55 percent of all homicides go unsolved in LA.

I keep my strap on me. I’d rather go to prison than allow myself or my family to get hurt. I’d rather make a victim than become one. My lady carries a projectile taser.

the nice neighborhoods are still nice.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  16. brl0301

you're right, I just make this shit up because I'm bored at home with nothing better to do....

17. brl0301

the fun part with all the ODs is that they are handing out narcan to all the junkies so that they can save each other when they get some dope that was a lil too good.

18. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Congrats, you are a certified WERA BBSer.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I mean atleast you're honest:D

20. brl0301

I knew with a little effort Id get there one day. Feels great